Director, International Business Development
Leads the identification and qualification of international opportunities for small arms in the military and law enforcement sectors. Drives the growth of the international business through the development and maintenance of relationships with new customers, end users and country partners. Shared accountability to shape and win new business through a balanced focus on customer value and ensuring the customer’s requirements are understood. Develops and leads capture strategies including business solutions and resource aspects (personnel, financial, technical) for the pursuit of opportunities, identifies potential customers, assesses market trends, conducts competitive analysis, and assesses Position-To-Win (PTW). Leads and manages all activity related to non-traditional RFI and RFQ processes.
The successful candidate:
- Should have a background in armaments discipline, with a solid understanding of the international small arms market.
- Will work in a team and will support adjacent Lines of Business (LOB) in the company.
- Will create sustainable growth in international markets per organization growth plan and margin requirements.
- Delivers sales objectives by living and driving a culture of ownership and accountability.
- Gathers and maintains information on the requirements, organization, budget and preferences of customers and competitors' strategies, prices, methods of operation and performance.
- Will initiate and participate in bid and proposal activities and deliver executive-level presentations on new business opportunities, supporting capture teams in developing opportunity-specific win strategies as part of proposal development and capture execution.
- Anticipates and care for customer’s needs, create and maintain long lasting relations.
- Represents the business effectively at customer meetings, trade shows, and conferences.
- Monitors and ensures adherence to our policies, related procedures, and instructions.
- Responsible for the Key Performance Indicator (KPIs): (a) Sales Growth with current portfolio; (b) Number of strategic sales engagements with new customers; (c) Value of new qualified Leads in the funnel; (d) Value of Contracts Signed; and (e) Value of revenues generated from signed deals.
- Full dedication to delivering sales results.
- Customer-centric attitude - Serves as a relationship manager with potential teammates, subcontractors, and other international capture leads.
- Willing and able to undertake extensive domestic and international travel. 25% to 40% international travel for customer meetings and tradeshows
- Self-initiated, resilient, dynamic, pragmatic, used to organizing the work hands-on daily.
- Entrepreneurial commitment and determination - pro- active attitude to work.
- Complete personal integrity, openness and honesty in discussions and negotiations
- Proven track record in in high quality, collaborative defense supply and project management in the federal government, government agencies and/or private sector.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a recognized University or an acceptable combination of education, training and/or relevant international business development work experience in the armament sector.
- Minimum seven (7) years of proven experience in Business Development and Sales and/or project development in an international business environment in the Defence and/or Law Enforcement sector, at least 3 years of that in an international context and/or government context.
- Knowledge of the small arms market is an advantage.
- Experience in planning, drafting, defending, submitting, and managing major proposals in response to international calls for bids would be a key asset.
- Contract negotiation experience, through a demonstrated track record of negotiating success.
- Experience working with and developing productive relationships with strategic partners and distributors within Federal departments and agencies, and with foreign governments/ agencies at all levels.
- Demonstrated track record in leading a team, with full accountability, to achieve assigned business objectives including the development of business strategies and operating plans.
- Knowledge of CRM and SAP is an advantage.
- Proficiency in English, both verbal and in written communications.