Drafter – Civil Engineering
Location: Burnaby, BC
Estimated Work Start Date: 14-Nov-2022
Estimated Work End Date: 31-Jan-2023
- The Drafter Level 2 creates and revises complex drawings, using computer aided drafting applications to support the engineering team throughout the project lifecycle.
Experience and Role Accountabilities
- A minimum four (4) years of drafting experience or equivalent.
- Create and revise complex drawings clearly by calculating dimensions, elevations, slopes, actual scale, and using appropriate design layout for the engineering team.
- Complete technical drafting-related tasks by producing associated graphs, maps, diagrams, and profiles, preparing materials and drawing lists, and performing basic survey tasks following applicable engineering standards.
- Support the procurement process by creating and revising drawings for tendering to vendors to illustrate required materials.
- Resolve drafting issues by conducting independent research to collect information on equipment specifications, related drawings, and engineering standards.
- Organize and maintain drawings by using a drawing management system to ensure security and accessibility.
Education and Skills
- Diploma in drafting or equivalent
- Advanced computer aided design and drafting skills
Experience with McLaren, SharePoint, Transmittal Portal
Experience with AutoCad
2 30" monitors, a desk & chair (BCH will provide a laptop)
Experience with Inventor