Revenir aux emplois
- Emplacement Mississauga
- Type d’emploi Emploi permanent
- Salaire Market related
- Discipline Aerospace and Defence
- Références JOB-26846
Reporting directly to the Electrical & EMC & EWIS manager, the EMC Engineer/Technologist will be responsible for aircraft protection against electromagnetic threat, including inter-system EMI, ESD, HIRF and Lightning.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Execute complex engineering assignments requiring expertise within Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) field.
- Assess compliance with fuel tank explosion prevention requirements for new and existing products.
- Review qualification documentation in electromagnetics (e.g., magnetic effects, audio frequency susceptibility, induced signal susceptibility, RF susceptibility, RF emissions, lightning induced susceptibility, lightning direct effects, electrostatic discharge).
- Assess aircraft level inter-system electromagnetic interference.
- Analyze modifications and non-conformances at aircraft level and evaluate compliance with certification regulations.
- Participate in meetings and design reviews with system suppliers for design optimization and cost reduction.
- Participate in Continued Airworthiness projects as required and propose risk mitigating solutions.
- You are familiar with regulatory working relationships with TC, EASA or FAA and you must be capable of obtaining DAD / DAR status.
Education & Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering. Specialization in electromagnetics is a strong asset.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in the EMC specialty.
- A general knowledge of aircraft and system design.
- Knowledge of electromagnetic fields, theory and transmission line phenomena, antenna and propagation, signal integrity, EMI/EMC.
- Knowledge of 14 CFR 25.954 and 25.981 regulations and fuel tank protection against lightning, HIRF, static electricity and other hazards.
- The candidate shall be familiar with the relevant industry standards and best practices DO-160, SAE ARP, FAA advisory circulars and regulations, as well as other applicable airworthiness regulations.
- The candidate shall be able to analyze modifications at aircraft level and check compliance with certification regulations.
- Knowledge EMA3D electromagnetic threat simulation / analysis tool is an asset.
- The candidate shall be self-motivated and are proactive in finding solutions to problems.
We aim to be inclusive and diverse and provide equal opportunity for employment. All qualified applicants, regardless of gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, and disability, are encouraged to apply.