Number of Vacancies: 1
Hourly Rate: $40 - 60/hour
Duration: 1 Year (Can be extended)
Location: Pickering ON
Hybrid Model: 3 Days On Site, 2 Days Remote
The incumbent will be responsible for undertaking the organizing, coordinating, and controlling of all stages of project management in accordance with OPG's Project Management governance for assigned projects or project packages from developing and obtaining approvals to safe execution, final acceptance and project closeout.
- Prepare scope of work documents, lead constructability reviews, prepare Business Case Summaries for Senior Management, the Executive Office and the Board of Directors, for project approval and the release of funds. Prepare and coordinate the preparation of all information pertinent to an assigned project and alternatives to be considered for input into planning.
- Review and provide input and project charters for assigned projects.
- Prepare and coordinate estimates, schedules, execution plans, contracting strategies and project oversight plans. Develop work breakdown structures for estimating and controlling project funds. Gather input from stakeholder departments and agencies to ensure project requirements are captured and detailed in the estimate and execution plans.
- Arrange for application to and negotiate with internal and external agencies for all necessary approvals, licenses, permits or clearances required.
- Ensure proper process is followed when defining labour requirements and arranging for labour resources.
- Coordinate the clarification of design and specification requirements and arrange for necessary changes.
- Co-ordinate and participate in the preparation of specifications, bid packages, evaluation of tenders, and purchasing recommendations.
- Arrange and lead meetings to coordinate the requirements of, and progress by designers, suppliers, construction, and operations before and after contract award. Maintain close liaison with field construction forces and operations on matters involving design, schedules, costing and other related issues.
- Requires a knowledge of project management principles, specifically the 5 primary project phases (Identification, Initiation, Definition, Execution, Closeout). Requires a knowledge of economics and business principles to provide project cost estimates and forecasts. Requires a knowledge of physics, engineering principles, mathematics and chemistry as related to industrial and power generation equipment.
- This level of knowledge is normally acquired by successful completion of a 4-year university degree in an appropriate area plus completion of post-secondary courses in project management and business economics as it relates to project and asset management or by having the equivalent level of education.
- Requires experience in project management, specifically, experience in developing project requirements and plans, preparing cost estimates, participating in contract bidding and award processes, managing projects in execution phase, and managing project closeout. Requires experience in managing conflicting priorities of scope, schedule, cost, and quality.
- Requires familiarity with equipment and processes in generating station or similar heavy industry.
- Requires experience to solve problems and provide guidance. Requires knowledge of cost accounting and forecasting as it relates to project management. Requires knowledge of commercial contracting methods, contract management, construction methods, codes and standards, quality assurance and health and safety.
- Requires Engineering Change Control (ECC) process experience. Requires strong organizational skills.
- Requires experience and ability as a team player to understand and manage the interrelationships of various internal and external groups in order to facilitate objectives and ensure projects satisfy stakeholder requirements. Requires experience and knowledge related to environmental protection and associated concerns. Requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in managing projects of increasing complexity is considered a necessary requirement. Project complexity would normally be defined by multiple-contract, multiple stakeholder projects with schedule constraints.
- Experience (1 to 5 years) as a Project Manager at Ontario Power Generation or Bruce Power