Our client Marshall Land Systems specializes in the design and production of deployable operational infrastructure and mission support for humanitarian, defence, and security operations across the globe. Visit their website to learn more about their profile and find out how you could be involved in this exciting new project.
Purpose of the position
As a Requirements Manager you will work across functional units to successfully implement, manage, deliver and improve engineering change management and configuration control processes and procedures to successfully deliver multiple multinational programs. This role would suit an aspirational leader with demonstrable experience in delivering talent, performance and succession, setting the bar high for a gold standard team. You will have a strong focus on driving delivery, rigorously tracking execution and continually driving up performance Accountability
Your responsibilities in this role will include:
• Define and manage the requirements processes to be used (ideally in IBM DOORS or a similar requirements management tool) from initial customer requirements gathering through final production acceptance across multiple programs.
• Facilitate the development and/or optimization of business processes, policies, and/or programs through stakeholder involvement, and document those business processes as concepts • As Chair of the Change Control Board, ensure that implementation project requirements are aligned with the contractual requirements and that proper controls are exercised to ensure new scope items are scrutinized and accounted for correctly.
• Lead regular team meetings to share feedback including performance and metrics • Allocate appropriate resources to successfully deliver work packages or projects
• Agree functional budget and monitor expenditure to meet outputs
• Oversight of Work Package Management to ensure appropriate control and deliverables remain on track
• Weekly and Monthly reporting to the Senior Leadership Team on task progress, issues / blockers, transformation / improvements, risks / uncertainty and resourcing.
• Create a culture for development, innovation and continuous improvement through setting stretching goals for self and teams, rewarding high performance
• Define work packages and tasking documentation, including design approaches, budget and timescales to support programme schedule for delivery.
• Produce, or review and approve engineering change requests.
• Drive compliant requirement traceability principles in order to produce presentation packs and present evidence in formal development gate reviews.
• Produce and monitor project risks and opportunities an evaluate common themes, to report to the engineering leadership team.
• Produce, or review and approve technical specifications for sub-contract suppliers to show compliance to customer requirements.
• Produce, or review and approve test schedules / reports and lead testing activities.
• Conduct Professional Development Reviews and support development of engineers.
Capability, Behavioural Competencies:
• Drive Results – Strong initiative, enthusiasm, and drive. High sense of commitment and accountability
• Focus on the Future – Think ahead and thrive in change – challenge what’s possible • Grow People – Investor in people, identify and nurture technical capability
• Instil Pride – Commitment to Quality and drive continuous improvement
• Challenge with Courage – Encourage Innovation – generate ideas – inspire people to “fail fast” and solve problems
• Partner with impact – Lead by example. Excellent Communication skills, collaborative approach to teamwork.
• Excellent requirement management and change control skills including initial set up, training and management toolsets (such as IBM DOORS, JIRA or Confluence)
• Sound understanding of engineering principles.
• Excellent planning and organisation skills.
• Good IT skills, including Word and Excel.
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with energy and enthusiasm to all levels within and outside of the business.
• Ability to apply your skills and knowledge across a wide and diverse range of projects.
• Ability to work accurately and at pace.
• Experienced in planning and delivering tasks to schedule and budget, demonstrating effective time management across many projects and priorities.
• Proven experience of supporting team members to deliver and develop through coaching and guidance.
• An appropriate Engineering discipline from an accredited university or have equivalent knowledge gained through other forms of education or training
• Professional designation (P. Eng.), or equivalent experience.
• Development of technical documentation.
• Planning and delivery to schedules.
• Development of requirements management.
• Team Management. Additional local needs
• Whilst this role is predominantly a Specialist Track role, aspects of the Managerial Track are expected.
• Flexible and Agile in Working remotely and in an office in different environments with the requirement to travel if necessary.
Must be eligible to meet the requirements of export control regulations, including the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and Canadian government security requirements.