Senior Fire Protection Engineer - GEGOPA00130704
Duration: 18 Months
This position contributes to the team responsible for the Balance of Plant Mechanical design of New Nuclear Power Plants. The Mechanical Engineer will perform activities within a team environment, working with a global team of partner organizations and suppliers to advance new plant detailed design and successfully deliver NPP projects.
The candidate must have demonstrated experience with the following:
- Lead and conduct design analyses, evaluations, and verifications for various BWR Fire Protection system and Life Safety Reports.
- Assist, review and provide direction in the development of Fire Hazards Analysis Report and Fire Safe Shutdown Report.
- Provide system design deliverables which include system design specifications, piping and instrument diagrams, logic diagrams, process flow calculations and diagrams, hydraulic resistance calculations, equipment sizing, and FMEA evaluations for the BWRX-300 Fire Protection System.
- Manage project work schedules and priorities.
- Work proactively with existing BWR product line and quality personnel through process procedure approvals, process qualification approvals, and non-conforming material disposition.
- Provide on-time, quality delivery of equipment packages and engineering documentation in accordance with contract requirements, business procedures, and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Support mechanical BOP systems design and/or equipment construction activities, respond to vendor questions and deviation requests; review and approve vendor document submittals
- Serve as the fire protection technical expert, providing consultation on system design, design bases, and interfaces to other engineering disciplines
- Work within a team environment to execute work plans and schedules as applicable for mission success.
- Perform work in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Competency in computer programs and software such as Microsoft products and Microsoft teams.
- Master’s Degree or greater in Fire Protection Engineering from an accredited college or University.
- A PE License is required
- Experience in performing Fire Protection Design, Fire Hazard assessment and fire safe shutdown experience
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a technology or engineering role.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in relevant Systems Design
- Expert knowledge of relevant design codes and requirements