Senior Nuclear Maintenance Engineer - GEGOPA00142238
Duration: 18 Months
Location: Wilmington, NC (Can be 100% remote)
Hourly Rate: $52 - 85/hour
Shift: Monday - Friday, Days
The Nuclear Maintenance Engineer will be a key member of the Engineering team and be responsible to interfaces with multiple Engineering disciplines, Business Managers, Project Managers, and customers. In this role you will be accountable for meeting functional, business, and broad company objectives in support of Gen. IV advanced reactor design concepts such as Natrium. The Nuclear Maintenance Engineer will be challenged with complex technical issues in a dynamic project environment.
- Lead and conduct design analyses, evaluations, and verifications for nuclear maintenance equipment evaluations for various sodium fast and advanced reactor systems.
- Apply engineering knowledge and practical experience to the analysis, investigation, and solution of complex design problems and application issues.
- Develop drawings and specifications to assure products can reliably meet all engineering and quality requirements
- Professionally respond to customer information requests, emergent plant issues, and audits.
- Work proactively with product line and quality personnel through process procedure approvals, process qualification approvals, and non-conforming material disposition.
- Review proposals and evaluate orders with emphasis on knowledge system design bases, operations, and maintenance
- Support GEH quality requirements defined in policies and procedures.
- Perform tasks directed by Manager, Advanced Reactor Nuclear Systems, and technical leaders.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related area from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with Nuclear Plant Safety Systems and Components.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience working with multi-disciplined Engineering teams, on Nuclear Power Plant Systems, including nuclear maintenance equipment expertise.
Additional Desired Characteristics:
- In-depth knowledge of major reactor systems and their operation.
- In-depth knowledge of nuclear maintenance activities for existing fleet nuclear power plants.
- Proven technical skills within project management environment.
- Proven oral / written communication and teamwork skills.
- Commercial Nuclear Power Plant Systems experience, Professional Engineering License, or Advanced Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Demonstrated ability to perform while challenged by multiple demands and changing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including customer interface experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including a minimum of 2 years of experience as a lead or lead contributor on major projects.
- Knowledge of nuclear plant systems and analyses techniques, commercial plant outages, and Nuclear industry practices.
- Experience with design, evaluation, and operation of nuclear power plant components.