) Location: Edmonton, Alberta – Onsite (Commerce Place)
Employment Type: Contract Contract Duration: 6 Months (Potential end date: June 2nd, 2023. Maximum duration of extension is 6 months)
Job Title: Intermediate Procurement Specialist (Assessment/Data Analyst)
Candidate will refine identified business and technical requirements and translate those into solicitation documents such as RFP/NRFP/RFQ/RFI as required. Candidate may also be involved in the upfront planning of how a project will be delivered.
Solicitation Document Preparation
- Support development of a strategy for procurement preparation based upon project goals and criteria
- Refine identified business and technical requirements
- Preparation of RFP (request for proposal)/NRFP (Negotiated Request for Proposal), RFQ (request for quotation), RFI (request for information) and draft review documents
- Identify any subprojects where separate RFPs may be required to acquire specific vendor services
- Assist the Department in providing RFP interpretations to vendors by developing written responses to questions
Evaluation & Debrief
- Prepare RFPs selection methodologies, evaluation plans, evaluation criteria mandatory, evaluation schedules, and final award recommendations.
- Review vendor proposals for quality accuracy and adherence to required standards.
- Creation of supporting project documentation as per the guidelines of the Government of Alberta procurement policy.
- Assist in planning and scheduling bidders conferences and vendor presentations including agenda development for those activities.
- Assist in debriefing unsuccessful vendors.
Contract Execution & Post RFP activities
- Assist the Department in finalizing contracts with recommended vendors.
- Conduct post procurement reviews and vendor evaluations lessons learned.
- Prepare evaluation reports and procurement recommendations for Department reviews and signoffs.
- Plan, coordinate, and prepare controlling documentation for procurement plans and processes.
- Develop effective communications processes to ensure adequate project progress and issue reporting to all participants and stakeholders.
- Plan and coordinate procurement activities including financial estimate, business technical requirements and contracting options.
- Additional procurement related responsibilities as required by the Project Delivery Manager.