22-058 - Senior Design Engineer
Number of Vacancies: 6 (3 Electrical Design Engineers, 2 Mechanical Design Engineers, 1 Civil Design Engineer)
Duration: Until December 29, 2023
Location: 1675 Montgomery Park Rd., Pickering
Hours: up to 40 hours per week
The Design Engineer is proficient in the use of Engineering Change Control (ECC) processes and procedure and is accountable for the production and delivery of high quality design products as part of the Pickering Safe Storage Project. The Design Engineer is responsible to meet safety, quality, schedule and cost commitments as established by the Engineering Section Manager and/or Project. The Design Engineer will:
- Prepare engineering documentation, including engineering specifications, procedures, training manuals, operations manuals, and drawings.
- Adhere to specific governance, processes and guidelines used to prepare/revise engineering and project documentation.
- Conduct field work to validate assumptions for ongoing assignments, and to provide technical support/oversight for execution activities.
- Assist in project planning, including preparation of Project Execution Plans, project estimating, Risk Register, Business Case Summary, and other pertinent documents.
- Prepare/revise technical justifications, procedures, training and qualification plans.
- Interface with regulators and stakeholders on technical matters.
- 4 year university degree in mechanical, electrical, civil, instrumentation and control, chemical, or nuclear engineering.
- Eng. designation required.
- DE Qualification (QID 33685)
- 5 or more years of experience “field” of education required.
- Demonstrated experience with Engineering Change Control preferred.
- Nuclear experience preferred.
Project Management or Project Coordination experience is considered an asset