Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 1 Year
Location: Kincardine & Tiverton, ON
Expected rate range: $35/hr - $55/hr*
*Depends on level of experience.
- Reporting to a Section Manager, Project and Field Engineering these positions provide in-field project execution support for multiple projects of varying complexity
- Manage and co-ordinate technical support of multiple projects simultaneously
- Ensure work is completed to required technical standards
- Coordinate with Work Management, Supply Chain, Trades FLM's, Engineering, Operations, Safety, Waste Management, Environment and other stakeholders to assist implementation of projects from concept through execution, commissioning and return to service
- Manage assigned project deliverables on schedule and budget
- Interface with the client to assist them with project requirements, metrics, and reporting
- Liaise with staff, contractors, consultants and vendor resources as appropriate
- Ensure project documentation is updated throughout project life-cycle in compliance with client procedures and expectations.
- Coordinate Constructability, Operability Maintainability and Safety (COMS) review meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Civil, Chemical, Industrial, Electrical/I&C, Engineering and/or Engineering Physics
- A Professional Engineer of Ontario (PEO), or eligible for PEO status, with a passion for engineering.
- One to two years of experience in project management, project engineering, controls, and scheduling
- Familiarity with relevant codes and standards is desired, along with a strong understanding of and commitment to meeting superior quality assurance requirements
- Flexibility to perform work over a wide range of areas for both operating and refurbishment facilities
- Working knowledge of the systems at a nuclear power plant, solid knowledge of nuclear power plant engineering change control process is an asset. Knowledge and/or experience with CANDU nuclear technology are considered an asset.
- Bruce Power and/or OPG Security Clearance is an asset
- Experience with field execution of designs is an asset
- Experience in procurement engineering is an asset
- Experience in solving problems, providing advice and guidance, making recommendations during the design, commissioning and operation of a nuclear facility. Strong leadership skills and high degree of accountability and engagement.
- Excellent written and oral communication, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Shift work and Overtime work may be required.
- A high degree of initiative, self-motivation, flexibility and the ability to work with minimal guidance in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing priorities, deadlines and heavy workloads.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively with others by developing trust, mutual respect and co-operative working relationships.