Duration: 18 Months
Hourly Rate: $40 - 55/hour
This role will support Accounting & Financial systems. Responsible for driving technical accounting compliance, financial and operational internal controls, process simplification, and operational excellence to deliver accurate financial reporting and analysis. This will include being the functional owner of 1-2 Oracle modules (AP, AR, Project, Inventory, etc.) in addition to any other systems/platforms outside of Nuclear’s ERP that the Finance team uses in their standard work. The role will focus on implementing new Operating Units (OU) and will include project management for the implementations plus any additional support of the new OUs. The role is highly analytical and requires strong Accounting Information Systems knowledge or experience.
- Extract financial and attribute data from core accounting system to perform appropriate analyses.
- Analyze data and defines relevant information; interprets data for the purpose of determining root cause analysis or past performance.
- Liaison with other functional owners to understand requirements and recommend standardized solutions to meet reporting needs.
- Partner with Reporting team to define and oversee data quality standards to meet data requirements and expectations for Finance users.
- Recommends changes to processes to improve and achieve greater efficiencies by documenting business requirements and participating in testing efforts.
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge of a discipline and analytical thinking to execute policy/strategy. Basic knowledge of related job disciplines.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May lead small projects with low risks and resource requirements. Explains information; developing skills to bring team members to consensus around topics within field.
- Uses some judgment and can propose different solutions outside of set
parameters to address more complicated, day-to-day problems. Has ability to prioritize information for data analysis. Uses technical experience and analytical thinking. Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- 4+ years of related work experience as financial analyst
- Worked in a technical role within an Accounting, Finance, or FP&A department
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills/knowledge
- Experience with Oracle ERP project/program management
- Experience with SQL, Query Writing
- Related work experience with ERP systems development and management from a financial perspective
- Account Reconciliation experience
- Supported internal/external audits
- Experience working with others on a global basis from a remote location