Location: Bruce Power (100% on-site)
Duration: 1 Year (Can be extended annually)
Hourly Rate: $75 - $85/hour
As an I&C Engineer at Bruce Power, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the nuclear power plant. Responsibilities include designing, implementing, and maintaining instrumentation and control systems that monitor and regulate various processes within the facility. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to optimize plant performance, troubleshoot issues, and contribute to the development of maintenance and upgrade strategies. Your expertise in control systems, instrumentation calibration, and adherence to strict safety protocols will be essential in maintaining the plant's operational integrity and compliance with regulatory standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Instrumentation and Control Engineering, or a related field.
- Professional engineering license (P.Eng) is mandatory
- Proven experience in the design, implementation, and maintenance of instrumentation and control systems, preferably in a nuclear power plant or a similarly complex industrial environment.
- Strong knowledge of control system technologies, including Distributed Control Systems (DCS) and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC).
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements and safety standards related to nuclear power plants.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex issues in a timely manner.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills for working in cross-functional teams.
- Commitment to safety and adherence to strict protocols in a nuclear environment.
- Continuous learning mindset to stay updated on industry advancements and best practices.
- Familiarity with relevant software tools and systems used in instrumentation and control engineering.