Integrated Planning MRS Compliance Electric Engineer
Estimated Work Start Date03-Oct-2022
Estimated Work End Date31-Mar-2023
Location: Burnaby, BC (Open to 100% remote candidates)
Hourly Rate: $65/hour
- The E2 - Engineer performs supervised engineering tasks for assignments of limited scope and complexity using standard procedures and techniques to support projects and/or operations at BC Hydro safely, with quality, within budget, and on time.
Experience and Role Accountabilities
- A minimum two (2) years of in a relevant engineering field or equivalent.
- Contribute to the development of safe engineering solutions by performing activities such as studies of limited scope and applying prescribed methods and techniques in solving problems for projects and/or operations.
- Assist with specific aspects of more complex engineering activities adhering to prescribed analysis, design, or computation methods by following established practices working under close supervision of a senior professional engineer who reviews work for accuracy, adequacy, and conformance with prescribed procedures.
- Participate in BC Hydro's engineering practice using initiative and judgement in making a few routine technical decisions, applying standards and following detailed instructions so that BC Hydro's engineering standards are maintained.
- Perform periodic tasks independently which may include on-site construction quality control and monitoring to ensure design compliance.
- EGBC Registrants provided to BC Hydro through this contract shall work under BC Hydro's Professional Practice Management Plan, Quality Management Pillar. The Registrant shall apply their own or their firm's Permit to Practice Number to work that is Sealed by the Registrant. Retention and preservation of all project documentation produced by the Registrant during the course of their contract with BC Hydro will be retained by BC Hydro to satisfy EGBC Bylaws.
Education and Skills
- University graduate in applied science or engineering
- Registered Engineer-in-Training or Geoscientist-in-Training with Engineers & Geoscientists BC or another jurisdiction and/or eligible for registration as such with Engineers & Geoscientists BC
- Familiarity with CAD systems and drawing standards
- Ability to use standard industry design/analysis software
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Intermediate English skills for professional environment, written and spoken