Contract Duration: 12 months
Rate: Up to $110/INC
Majority of work is performed within the office environment. Some travel and time away from home might be required. A condition of employment for this job is that you maintain your Driver's License: Class 5 In Good Standing.
The Stations Maintenance – Generation Electrical team has an exciting and challenging opportunity for an electrical engineer to join a team of dedicated professionals based at the BC Hydro Edmonds office. The Stations Maintenance – Generation Electrical team provides electrical maintenance and technical expertise to BC Hydro Generating Stations for the following station equipment: hydro and turbo generators, rotating exciters, slip rings and brush gear, power transformers, circuit breakers, disconnect switches, isophase bus, bus bar and terminal equipment.
The work includes supporting the team lead and team members with the following:
* Generation Facility Ratings
* Maintenance of generator and transformer database
* Preparation of generator and transformer asset class reviews
* Diagnostics, testing, repairs, failure investigation/analysis, inspections, condition assessments of generating equipment (i.e. generators, rotating exciters, transformers, circuit breakers), equipment health rating (EHR) reviews and updates, maintenance program reviews, commissioning, and preparation of standards, specifications and cost estimates, maintenance instructions and standard task libraries
* Managing fleet-wide programs such as Arc Flash assessments and Ground Grid studies for all BC Hydro Generating Stations
* Maintenance of test equipment inventory and calibration schedule
• Prepare project documentation and deliverables in accordance with BC Hydro project and Engineering Design Practices (i.e. evaluation reports, specifications, proposals, estimates, design basis', calculations, hazard logs, test plans).
• Prepare design work packages including scope, duration, and level of effort estimates.
• Prepare signed/sealed engineering deliverables as a Professional of Record (PoR) in accordance with EGBC and BC Hydro Design Practices.
\• Provide technical assistance and construction support in the field, and undertake field reviews as required by EGBC.
• Prepare engineering deliverables under the direct supervision of a Professional of Record (PoR) in accordance with EGBC and BC Hydro Design Practices.
• Provide technical assistance and construction support in the field, and undertake field reviews under the direct supervision of a PoR.
• Prepare detailed designs and documentation for electrical systems and electrical equipment in generation stations in accordance with BC Hydro and industry standards and practices.
• Prepare detailed design packages (equipment layouts, single line diagrams, three line diagrams, cable schedules, material lists, external connections, etc.) required to install or modify equipment, including interfacing to the existing station systems, ready to issue and archive in the BC Hydro Drawing file system. The electrical
• Providing technical review of designs prepared by others following established practices.
• Prepare reports detailing condition assessment investigations of facility equipment and systems, evaluation and analysis of the investigation, and recommendations to address any deficiencies found.
• Provide technical guidance during equipment installation and commissioning. • Prepare or review/accept inspection test plans for factory acceptance test and site acceptance test
• Prepare commissioning test plans and summary of requirements documentation. • Perform various engineering calculations: grounding study, arc flash study, short-circuit, cable design, etc.
Additional Education and Skills
• Ability to provide technical directions to junior engineers
• Ability to manage design tasks including scope, schedule and cost
•Ability to find engineering solutions that add value and to reach consensus
• Ability to communicate efficiently including verbal and technical writing in the English language, analytical, interpersonal communications and presentation skills • Experience in project management including estimating, cost control and project administration
• Ability to coordinate multiple projects and to plan and manage project resources
• Ability to prepare technical specifications for tendering, evaluate tenders, and make recommendations for awards
- Must have P.Eng
- Must have experience with Stations design or Stations maintenance
- Must be willing to work onsite in Edmonds (remote working cannot be considered for this position)