Remote Options: Hybrid (2 days on-site, 3 days at home)
Hourly Rate: $60 - 70/hour
Duration: 1 Year (can be extended annually)
- Perform Mechanical engineering analysis and design for Candu nuclear power stations.
- Interface with construction/procurement partners and utility stakeholders, throughout the lifecycle of the design project (i.e., from preliminary and conceptual engineering to detailed design, implementation and close-out) to provide practical and effective solutions as per requirements.
- Provide field support to multi-disciplined plant design modifications, including provision of field engineering.
- Understand and assess client problems and determine appropriate means of solution.
- Conduct technical assessments and emergent troubleshooting/engineering to support refurbishment projects and operating unit (capital) projects.
- Interface effectively with other staff on multi-disciplinary projects.
- A Bachelor's or Graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Nuclear Refurbishment experience or new nuclear experience will be considered an asset
- 5+ years of relevant experience is required
- Must have experience in a project driven environment with the capability to meet deadlines, work under pressure, and within project constraints (time, cost, quality).
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize assigned work and to coordinate multiple activities efficiently
- Must have a strong attention to detail and to quality assurance requirements
- Demonstrated experience in preparation of reports, proposals, recommendations and presentations for internal and external clients.
- Good time management skills and demonstrated capability to interface effectively with and gain the trust of station customers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of CANDU technology, strong understanding of nuclear power plant design and operation.
- Experience with CANDU and refurbishment specifically Turbines is considered an asset.