Revenir aux emplois
Mechanical Engineering Manager
- Emplacement Colombie-Britannique
- Type d’emploi Emploi permanent
- Salaire Market related
- Discipline Construction et infrastructure
- Références JOB-26631
Mechanical Engineering Manager
Vancouver, BC, CA
Reports to: Director, Engineering Services
Based at: Vancouver (with the opportunity to work remotely from home)
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Overseeing the design process provide effective options and solutions to design problems, mitigating companies exposure and protecting client relationships.
- In conjunction with Project Controls and other Engineering Managers, develop standards and procedures for, quality, efficiency, safety, cost reduction, client service and ensure they are followed by your Service Line.
- Lead the preparation of proposals for major projects.
- Working with the Project Manager/ Relationship Manager/ Director, support the development of lasting relationships with clients.
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Manage, motivate, train, mentor, and Service Line direct reports according to company policies and guidelines.
- With advice from the Team Lead(s), forecast workload for staffing targets and participate in recruitment and termination of teammates.
- Develop direct reports’ Career Paths and provide performance appraisals, with input from the Director.
- Manage cost and time components of the Mechanical Service Line to ensure profitability.
- Work with Human Resources to develop and deliver in-house technical training on areas of expertise.
- Perpetuate, clarify, and embody companies Purpose and Core Values.
- Teammates are required to adhere to the company policies and guidelines as well as the company and client safety policies and practices in effect at any given time.
- Have the ability to apply for a Federal security clearance in order to work on institutional projects as required.
- Teammates in a leadership position are expected to obtain their Leadership in Safety Excellence certificate as part of their role with the firm.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Eng. designation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- 12+ years experience in Buildings Consulting Engineering or related field.
- Experience in a management, supervisory or mentorship role.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license.
Skills & Capabilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a person who listens well, respects diversity of opinions and has an open, clear and succinct communication style.
- Strong presentation and project management skills.
- The ability to recognize and accurately define problems and solutions by collecting data and establishing facts to draw valid conclusions.
- A results oriented and decisive individual with the ability to delegate effectively.
- A people oriented leader with a reputation for successfully attracting, mentoring and motivating a team.
- Effective organizational and time management skills in handling multiple priorities, performing a variety of tasks, and meeting required deadlines.
- Strong contacts in the engineering community and a persuasive presentation and communication style.
- Experience and good judgement to plan and accomplish ambitious but achievable goals.
- Ability to represent the company to companies teammates, clients and community by ensuring the best image is presented.
- Understands basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly.
- Understands our pricing model and billing procedures.
- Ability to facilitate team and client meetings effectively.
- Possesses strong understanding in the area of at least one engineering discipline.
- Application knowledge of companies systems and programs (including MS Office 365, Deltek Vision, and discipline specific drafting/design software.)