Project Manager, Construction
Location: Bruce Power, Tiverton ON
Duration: 12 Months with extensions
Per Diem: Yes, $11.25/hour (in eligible)
Pay Rate: $75-90.00/hour
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Project Manager will be interacting directly with internal stakeholders and other contributing parties involved in the delivery of related projects:
- Delivering assigned projects to meet project delivery goals including safety, scope, quality (how well the characteristics of the project comply with its defined set of requirements), cost and schedule within project controls limits (identified in the investment proposal for each assigned project);
- Negotiating with and integrating all functions that are required to deliver a Capital Project, including but not limited to, preparation of an investment plan, planning, on-line and outage planning and execution, design, engineering, construction, contracting, procurement, environment, safety and health management and logistics management
- Manage Project scope, in accordance with established standards.
- Manage cradle-to-grave (initiation to close-out) responsibilities for projects assigned (Program Management);
- Manage, track and report on the status of all milestones across the cradle-to-grave process;
- Manage project schedule adherence, prepare and deliver all project reporting (issued by Project Controls) in accordance with the reporting requirements. Manage project costs in accordance to established standards.
- Identify and implement remedial actions in correcting cost and schedule project deficiencies.
- Manage project risk, changes, procurement and documentation in in accordance with established standards.
- Manage project quality, including interfacing with field quality and technical services and constructability reviews as required.
- Manage engineering design services, Configuration Management; BP-PROG-10.01, Plant Design Basis Management; Equipment Reliability, Pressure Boundary Quality Assurance, Design Change Package, Modification Installation Quality Assurance
- Manage resource needs for project execution and field execution;
- Manage the Assigned Project’s contract on an as-needed basis
- Ensure the subject Assigned Project is executed in the field in accordance with applicable procedures.
- Manage project closeout.
Skills & Experience:
- Nuclear Power experience preferred
- University Degree in Engineering a must
- PMP Designation preferred
- CSIS Cleared preferred
- 8 years+ of experience supporting and delivering multiple Heavy Industrial/Construction Projects
- Knowledge of engineering procedures and practices, organization and quality processes.
- Good understanding of compliance program requirements.
- Knowledge of project management principles (scope, schedule, time, quality, risk)
- Ability to work effectively with personnel of varying disciplines.
- Critical Thinking Skills – Understands and performs as a seasoned business professional; negotiating, planning, executing
- Problem Solving – Actively owns problems, develops and implements solutions. Is accountable.
- Client-ship Skills – Must be extremely responsive to Client requests. Ability to foster and maintain an excellent rapport with the Client.
- Professional Integrity and Business Ethics – All work must be conducted in accordance with the client’s Code of Conduct for Contractors.
- Coaching Skills – Must be able to provide guidance to staff to ensure they meet the client’s expectations