Our client Marshall Land Systems specializes in the design and production of deployable operational infrastructure and mission support for humanitarian, defence, and security operations across the globe. Visit their website to learn more profile and find out how you could be involved in this exciting new project.
We are hiring a Senior Engineering Manager Systems for Marshall Land System/ Engineering division location in Ottawa, ON. Apply direct or send your updated resume to email@example.com
Your principle duties will include:
- Promote the implementation of Systems Engineering across the MADG Engineering function.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of the standards and specifications appropriate to the discipline of Systems Engineering.
- Apply a pragmatic and best practice Systems Engineering techniques to support our projects and business development activities.
- Application of the MADG Business Management System (BMS) procedures in the conduct of your work.
- Work effectively across the matrix and deliver bottom-line performance collaboratively.
- Challenge the status quo, bring new ideas to improve engineering quality, productivity and timeliness of delivery.
- Set and enforce standards, ensure rigors, resilience and continuous improvement in design solutions, meeting all regulatory requirements, conforming to specifications, quality and certification requirements within schedule and budget.
- Act as a project integrator and interface between project management and other engineering teams.
- Ensure budgets and timescales are met, whilst managing and ensuring delivery of functional engineering within the project team.
- Lead engagement with the customer to develop a shared understanding of project objectives / milestones, and develop a working relationship.
- Act promptly and mobilize internal resources and team to resolve complex customer cases.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with energy and enthusiasm to all levels within and without the business.
- The ability to apply your skills and knowledge across a wide and diverse range of projects.
- Ideally qualified to degree level in Engineering, Mathematics or Physics with relevant and sufficient experience in the field.
- Market aware with a good understanding of the market in which Marshall operates, including competitors, suppliers, customers and regulatory organizations.
- Experienced in planning and delivering large and complex tasks to schedule and budget demonstrating effective time management across many projects and priorities.
- Have led a technical team with line management responsibility, in a matrix style organization.
- Proven experience of supporting team members to deliver and develop through coaching and guidance.
- Sound understanding of product safety, standards, technical risk management.
- Experienced with generating and managing requirements.
- Broad technical understanding of engineering field, for example Stress Analysis.
- Broad understanding of manufacturing techniques including, riveting, bonding, fabricating.
Must be eligible to meet the requirements of export control regulations, including the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and Canadian government security requirements