Remote Options: Hybrid (2 days on-site, 3 days at home)
Hourly Rate: $65 - 80/hour
Duration: 1 Year (can be extended annually)
- Perform Mechanical engineering analysis and design for Candu nuclear power stations.
- Interface with construction/procurement partners and utility stakeholders, throughout the lifecycle of the design project (i.e., from preliminary and conceptual engineering to detailed design, implementation and close-out) to provide practical and effective solutions as per requirements.
- Provide field support to multi-disciplined plant design modifications, including provision of field engineering.
- Understand and assess client problems and determine appropriate means of solution.
- Conduct technical assessments and emergent troubleshooting/engineering to support refurbishment projects and operating unit (capital) projects.
- Interface effectively with other staff on multi-disciplinary projects.
- A Bachelor's or Graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Nuclear Refurbishment experience or new nuclear experience will be considered an asset
- 5+ years of relevant experience is required
- Must be P.Eng.
- Demonstrated knowledge of CANDU technology, strong understanding of nuclear power plant design and operation.
- Experience with CANDU and refurbishment specifically Turbines is considered an asset.