Location: North York, Ontario
Contract Duration: 6-7 months with a possibility of extension
Job Title: Electronic Manufacturing Process Specialist
Electronic Manufacturing Process Specialist plays a key role in the new product launch phase through early designs reviews, managing the prototype phase with suppliers and managing design and process issues between contract manufacturers and engineering during the steady state manufacturing phase to ensure quality and on time delivery of hardware is achieved.
In this role, the incumbent will support the hardware design and review processes from a manufacturing perspective. Whilst supporting multiple hardware platforms under constant development, he/she ensures technologies selected are optimized for a railway environment.
* Provide support on site to Electronics Assembly Contract Manufacturers in the introduction of new products to manufacturing.
* Work closely with Electronic Hardware Engineering in the design review cycles of new electronic assemblies.
* Participate and drive cost reduction opportunities associated with electronics manufacturing processes and the supply base.
* Support the DFM analysis process between the designers and Electronic Assembly Contract Manufacturers.
* Review and provide input to supply chain associated with contract manufacturer quotes and NREs.
* Manage the technical relationship between the client and its suppliers, including the technical evaluation and qualification of new suppliers.
* Assist with CM yield improvement (metrics monitoring and action plans to improve yield through process or design improvements.
* Support procurement and quality in the evaluation and audit of existing and potential new suppliers.
* Support the ramp up of new suppliers (product, process and procedures).
* Coordination and resolution of technical issues between manufacturing and engineering.
* Publish and maintain workmanship standards that Electronic Assembly Contract Manufacturers operate to in addition to Industry Standards.
* Work closely with the HW Test Solutions team to propose and develop manufacturing test strategies for newly designed product.
* Provide input to the Engineering Change Notice process.
* Review and verify mechanical and assembly drawings, BOMs, specifications and electronic component datasheets paying great attention to details.
* Create all of the mechanical and assembly part numbers in Material Master in SAP.
* Product data pack assembly and validation.
- 5+ years in electronic manufacturing as a Manufacturing Engineer and New Product Introduction to manufacturing. Broad experience in Manufacturing Engineering or Hardware Design.
- Clear understanding of PCBA (Printed Circuit Board Assembly), box build and cable assembly operations in a high mix low volume environment.
- Proven expertise and experience in the application of NPI best-practices including Design For Manufacturing (DFM).
- Understanding of printed circuit board manufacturing processes.
- Advanced level of logical reasoning resulting in effective designs for products and processes.
- High degree of initiative, and resourcefulness in solving manufacturing problems as identified by CM's.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of CAD tools (AutoCAD, Solid Edge, etc). not desinging drawing but reviewing, reading and editing
- Familiarity with IPC standards.
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast paced environment.
- Stays current with the technology of the discipline.
- Great attention to details.
- English Language Fluency is Mandatory.
- Well-developed verbal skills to interact effectively and professionally in a variety of forums.
- Well-developed writing skills to prepare effective reports, presentations, documents, etc. in a clear and concise format.
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills needed to deal confidently, courteously, and correctly with both internal and external stakeholders, suppliers and customers.
University Bachelor or Master Degree in Electrical/Computer, Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent