Location: Edmonton, AB
Contract Duration: 5 months with a possibility of extension
Estimated Hours Per Day: 7.25
Estimated On Call/Standby or OT Hours Per Month: 15
Estimated Workdays: 95
Estimated Start Date: 15-Nov-2021
Estimated End Date: 31-Mar-2022
Job Title: Application Architect - Senior (Electronic Medical Certificate of Death/Stillbirth Data Transfer Planning)
This position is for Electronic Medical Certificate of Death/Stillbirth Data Transfer planning project,
The Planning projects will determine the appropriate design method and/or platform through a fit-gap analysis. Planning work will also provide understanding of current and future states through comprehensive gathering and analysis of requirements.
The purpose of the planning projects will provide a shared understanding of:
-the current state of existing system
-the business rationale for application redevelopment; and
-the recommended approach to the project planning and delivery
The output from the analysis will be used to create an implementation IMT intake for a successive phase.
ADDITIONAL DELIVERY DETAILS TO BE SHARED WITH POTENTIAL CANDIDATES:
Setting and communicating technical direction for projects by evaluating and assessing current technology requirements and trends.
- Validate project requirements (reuse, buy versus build).
- Review opportunities and project requirements as needed.
- Sector Architecture requires project teams to author the following deliverables for EA approval (i.e. Non-Functional Requirements, Solution Architecture Design, Technical Readiness, Security, Code Review template, Code Quality metrics).
Keep project informed of Ministry standards and best practices.
Description of Services
- Provide high quality expertise in architecting principles, approaches and best practices to effectively support the development of software applications and solutions in a .Net environment.
- Assist in buy vs build analysis and documentation for software solutions.
- Design frameworks, components and solutions that satisfy business requirements while maximizing the goal of reuse when applicable.
- Evaluate current services, recommend remedial actions where required.
- Assist in determining hardware/software requirements.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplined teams on proof of concept and limited production roll outs.
- Provide quality control on production implementations.
- Ensure the application architecture is aligned with the ministry and enterprise architecture standards and guidelines.
- Assist in developing project plans, schedules, and estimates pertaining to architectural deployment and services delivery.
- Assist in developing task lists and resource assignments within the context of architectural planning and deployments.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise to project team members by producing written specifications as needed, presenting technical information in formal meetings, and facilitating technical discussions.
- Document technical recommendations; provide technical advice and guidance to management, operations, project team members and relevant others.
- Document architecture designs, architectural models, related test plans, quality assurance plans, and other documents as required.
- Ensure change management processes are followed.
- Make recommendations to project team members pertaining to issues, risks and client satisfaction.
- Research, evaluate and report on the latest technology trends relevant to business needs.
- Provide tracking and reporting of time and status on all work as required.