Location: Alberta (REMOTE)
Contract Duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension
Estimated Hours Per Day: 7.25
Estimated On Call/Standby or OT Hours Per Month: 25
Estimated Workdays: 261
Estimated Start Date: 15-Nov-2021
Estimated End Date: 30-Nov-2022
Job Title: Program Manager (DevOps Program)
This resource will develop a DevOps governance model and run the DevOps program to remove operational friction, improve visibility, and guide the organization in how best to manage the DevOps program. The resource will be required to engage, and foster a collaborative environment, with operational teams (cloud, platforms, network, security, etc.), development teams (including product owners), and program managers.
ADDITIONAL DELIVERY DETAILS TO BE SHARED WITH POTENTIAL CANDIDATES:
- Development and implementation of a DevOps Governance Model
- Establish DevOps program with buy-in, and membership from, operational teams, developers, product owners, and others as necessary.
- Regular status reports on service schedules, issues, quality, emerging requirements.
- Leverage expertise in running DevOps programs to implement process changes or new processes, apply tactics to improve operating relationships between stakeholders, recommend new tools/product
Description of Services
- Compile program/ project charters and business/project plans to support activities, including the most suitable approach to be used in the development of each applicable program/project, to ensure business objectives and data integrity are achieved.
- Manage a portfolio of project(s) that will document business requirements, design and deliver IT solutions that are compliant with and contribute to the Ministries' enterprise architecture.
- Ensure that annual program business cases are developed and maintained including the development of a program roadmap and forecasts.
- Create and maintain program forecasts throughout the year that reflect approved plans.
- Assist business and program sponsors with the development of program vision and strategic deliverables as required.
- Provide leadership to project teams in establishing strategic planning, program/project definition and overall program communications.
- Assist with the development of recommendations including providing details of resource requirements, dependencies, interdependencies, policy implications pertaining to internal/external influences and the methodology to be applied.
- Produce and package deliverables for presentation to various internal support teams, steering committee, and other program/project stakeholders.
- Manage multiple projects, project managers/resources and project governance.
- Work with program/project sponsors to ensure that effective program/project communication exists through the duration of the program/project including escalation of risks as required.
- Take responsibility for ongoing client satisfaction - manage peer-level client relationships and overcome hurdles to ensure win-win solutions.
- Collaborate with business and IT leadership to develop a well-defined program/project plan that clearly states the program/ project's objectives, scope, assumptions, timeline, resource requirements, risks, benefits and budget.
- Work with program/project sponsors and the project management office to develop a program/project organization structure with clearly defined roles and responsibilities for all stakeholders.
- Document and report program/project status against established objectives, milestones, budget and resources and facilitate tracking and closure of issues and risks.
- Develop program/project schedule plans and strategies, estimate resource requirements, develop and monitor work plans and take corrective action for completion of program/project tasks.
- Provide guidance to project resources in establishing work priorities and prompt delivery of program/project tasks.
- Develop, as required, related requirements documentation.
- In collaboration with program/project sponsors, assess whether the program/project achieved stated outcomes and identify opportunities for improvement for future similar program/projects.
- Provide leadership and assistance to business and project teams that require change management and communication support.
- Work within the standards defined by the project management office and in the absence of standards work with the project management office to define new standards.