20-111 - Assistant Technical Engineer/Senior Technical Engineer
Number of Vacancies: 7
Duration: 2 years
Project: Balance of Plant
OPG is looking for results driven engineering professionals to join our team in Durham Region, in the roles of Senior Technical Engineer and Project Lead - Darlington Projects & Refurbishment Projects. Reporting to the Section Manager - Projects, the Senior Technical Engineer and Project Leads will be responsible for undertaking the organizing, coordinating and controlling of all stages of project management in accordance with Project Management governance for assigned projects or project packages from developing and obtaining approvals to safe execution, final acceptance and project closeout.
- Prepare scope of work documents, lead constructability reviews, prepare Business Case Summaries for Senior Management, the Executive Office and the Board of Directors, for project approval and the release of funds.
- Prepare and coordinate the preparation of all information pertinent to an assigned project and alternatives to be considered for input into planning. Review and provide input and project charters for assigned projects.
- Prepare and coordinate estimates, schedules, execution plans, contracting strategies and project oversight plans. Develop work breakdown structures for estimating and controlling project funds. Gather input from stakeholder departments and agencies to ensure project requirements are captured and detailed in the estimate and execution plans.
- Arrange for application to, and negotiate with internal and external agencies for all necessary approvals, licenses, permits or clearances required.
- Ensure proper process is followed when defining labour requirements and arranging for labour resources.
- Coordinate the clarification of design and specification requirements, and arrange for necessary changes.
- Co-ordinate and participate in the preparation of specifications, bid packages, revaluation of tenders, and purchasing recommendations.
- Arrange and lead meetings to coordinate the requirements of, and progress by designers, suppliers, construction and operations before and after contract award. Maintain close liaison with field construction forces and operations on matters involving design, schedules, costing and other related issues. Provide immediate and higher management with regular project of work package reports. Monitor, evaluate and report on cost and schedule, and manager changes. Review cost variance reports, provide explanations and recommendations for disposition of variances, and take corrective actions when required. Evaluate project plans at every stage for project risk and development mitigation plans. Execute other project management functions as required by corporation policies and procedures.
- Provide contract management oversight.
The following qualifications are required:
- Project management principles, specifically the 5 primary project phases (Identification, Initiation, Definition, Execution, Closeout);
- Knowledge of economics and business principles to provide project cost estimates and forecasts;
- Knowledge of physics, engineering principles, mathematics and chemistry as related to industrial and power generation equipment;
- Project management experience, specifically, experience in developing project requirements and plans, preparing cost estimates, participating in contract bidding and award processes, managing projects in execution phase, and managing project closeout;
- Prior experience managing conflicting priorities of scope, schedule, cost and quality;
MP2 - Assistant Technical Engineer (5 roles)
Ø Experience in Electrical Switchgears, High voltage relays, Batteries & Rectifiers, Fire protection equipment & devices.
Ø Experience in Piping and Valves replacements.
Ø Experience in Fuel Handling systems involving Fueling Machine Heads, Gap Air Sensing Package (GASP) & Ball Screws.
Ø Knowledge of CSA N285 Class 1/2 & other applicable CSA standards.
Ø Requires a minimum of One (1) to eight (8) years of Engineering Change Control (ECC) process experience & Project Management (PM).
Ø Internship in OPG and/or from other Nuclear Plant will be an additional asset.
MP5 - Project Lead - Fuel Handling (1 role)
1. Knowledge and work experience in Fueling Machine and Fuel Handling systems is a mandatory need.
2. Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 8-10 years of experience in Engineering Change Control (ECC) process.
3. Successful completion of Fuel Handling projects is an asset.