Back to jobs
21-033 - Section Manager, Project Controls
Number of Vacancies: 1
Level: Band H
Duration: 12 months
- Develop, implement and maintain the cost control, scheduling and risk management framework;
- Provide centralized control, scheduling, risk management services in support of the program;
- Responsible for the training, education and maintenance of project controls framework and procedures;
- Develop reporting tools and processes to support initiatives focused on continuous improvement within the project controls framework;
- Responsible for staying current and implementing best practices for project controls including, tools and technology to achieve results in line with the corporate strategy;
- Set targets, develop programs and monitor the continuous improvement of the corporate capital project delivery program;
- Plan, organize and assign work to direct reports as well as develop, implement and maintain adequate project delivery procedures and standards and the preparation of tender documents and evaluations;
- Drive continuous improvement enhancements within the line of business environment;
- Plan, schedule, organize and assign work to ensure that quality, accuracy and safety of work are delivered on schedule;
- Provide advice, guidance and direction to staff in the resolution of work/project related problems; as well provide clear expectations and performance measures;
- Provide leadership through experience, commitment to established processes, demonstration and prompt response to staff requirements to achieve targets, plans, strategies and quality objectives to deliver service levels;
- Provide Support to the Project Controls Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Applied Science,. Business, P.Eng, PMP, CCP, PSP are considered strong assets.
- Experience with project controls principles, theories, and concepts such as project scoping, risk management, estimating, budgeting, forecasting and scheduling required.
- Project management or Project Controls experience within a Nuclear generating facility an asset.
- Experienced with engineering and construction management concepts, methods and techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to develop and deliver reports, briefings, project plans, and presentations.
- Good organizational and leadership skills, and to be a self-starter who can work both independently and in a team environment that is dedicated to engineering excellence and best practices.
- Have a strong interest in fast-paced, challenging work environments where showing initiative and self motivation are assets.
- Strong in understanding, executing and following governance and procedures with a questioning and analytical attitude.
- Proven track record on delivering results.
- Experience with Primavera P6 and EcoSys is an asset.