21-083- Reactor Maintenance Specialist
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 6 months
Location: 777 Brock Rd., Pickering
Hours: This position requires shift work for 3 out of the 6 months, alternating days, nights and evenings. Remainder of the contract will be a 35 hour work week, days based.
- This assignment is to support the AIM Reactor Maintenance Projects group in the preparation, training, execution and close out of the P2251 Single Fuel Channel Replacement (SFCR).
- The role is a technical expert providing oversight for pressure tube cutting, pressure tube to end fitting rolling and end fitting installation processes and procedures.
- Ensure preparations for training, mock-ups and tooling
- Oversee field execution and provide oversight / guidance for pressure tube rolling, cutting and end fitting installation
- Preparation and training will take place at the Pickering East Complex, and execution will occur at the Pickering Station
- Work experience with participation in pressure tube cut/roll and end fitting installation as field work supervisor, technical engineer or technical oversight role.
- Expert knowledge of pressure tube rolling, cutting and end fitting installation requirements, procedures, tooling and execution.
- Participation of 4 single fuel channel replacement projects in one of these roles is a minimum requirement.
- Minimum 10 years CANDU reactor maintenance field experience is required.
- 4 year engineering degree is an asset but not required.