Role: Talent Acquisition Specialist - Bilingual
Location: Brampton, ON
Duration: 12 month contract
We develop and deliver advanced surveillance and intelligence solutions, defense and maritime systems, radar geospatial imagery, space robotics, satellite antennas, and communication subsystems. From locations across Canada, our global reach and heritage serving international markets with innovative and iconic solutions for space and terrestrial applications is unparalleled.
Our solutions are made in Canada for more than four decades, and is poised to capture synergies across its associated companies to expand its capabilities in both traditional and developing markets. Committed to delivering innovation and value in next-generation space exploration, Earth observation, space awareness, and defense systems.
As a Bilingual Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will work closely to support the clients' hiring needs. Roles involve robotics, satellite systems, surveillance & intelligence. Reporting to the Director, Talent Acquisition Canada, you will be a key member of the Talent Acquisition (TA) team assisting with many aspects of the full cycle of recruitment for a variety of positions across Canada. To achieve success in this role, you will provide critical, foundational support to a team of Recruiters responsible for filling a high volume of positions with quality candidates. Our goal as a team is to provide a world-class recruiting experience to all of our candidates. You will also have the opportunity to support the HR team with HR projects.
- Utilize the Application Tracking System (ATS) to manage full cycle recruitment, candidate relationship management and metric reporting
- Coordinate and schedule candidate interviews and balance activities to ensure positive candidate and hiring manager experiences throughout
- Create, review, and post jobs to various job boards and sites as necessary, send out for translation where necessary
- Assist team with creating, planning and implementing promotional and recruiting strategies designed to attract new candidates and build on employment brand
- Assist team with sourcing top talent using a variety of methods including job postings, all social media, networking, referrals, career fairs, campus visits and direct sourcing/cold calling.
- Conduct verbal and written reference and background checks
- Work with the recruiters to prescreen candidates by phone and make recommendations with hiring managers
- Assist with other adhoc administrative functions as required Qualifications
- Human Resources diploma preferred or equivalent
- 2 to 3 years of experience in an HR/Talent Acquisition role or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Strong time management skills with the ability to work independently
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook * Familiarity/proficiency with recruitment tools such as LinkedIn, all social media and multiple search engines, job aggregators/propagators, etc.
- Must possess strong oral/written communications skills
- Demonstrated competency in working with competing priorities * Strong team-oriented working style
- Ability, tenacity, and drive to navigate through ambiguity and deliver relevant solutions effectively
- French and English language would be an asset
- Desire to develop a career in Talent Acquisition or Human Resources
- Experience with an Applicant Tracking System, preferably UltiPro. Comments/Special Considerations Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.