Location: Working remotely with possible visit to Chalk River, ON
Position: Contracts Administrator
Duration: 12 months
Start Date: TBC
Resumes due by 4pm on September 30th.
Summary: The Contract Administrator is responsible for managing large complex contracts as assigned by the Manager, Contracting Services. He/She will maintain a strong functional relationship with Corporate Supply Chain, ensuring that PHAI activities and procurement management are aligned with the ethics and procedures.
Key accountabilities relating to the management of the contract and relationship between the buyer and seller include: 1. Managing the communications between and the actions due by both parties to each other, including scheduling meetings. 2. Coordinate the change order process and all requests for change orders in relation to the contractual obligations, including ensuring application of all contractual terms. 3. Monitor, document and report on supplier performances, including managing supplier performance improvement plans for the work.
- Read, analyze and apply the contract in daily transactions and in minor disputes. Coordinate the Contract Kick-Off Meeting and other team meetings.
- Develop the Contract Administration plan in conjunction with the contract team.
- Review and approve (where no construction superintendent is assigned) all permits and training - approve readiness for work. Verify qualifications and provide training.
- Report on performance, including monitoring of contract costs, schedule, quality and technical performance. Verify contract completion.
- Manage integrated Change Control to ensure that changes are properly approved and that all those with a need to know are aware of and approving such changes.
- Administer and record job progress. Monitor the work activities to verify contract compliance. Documents administrative actions and all data required to support the project's business activities and performance assessments. Document decisions and events.
- Verify that the technical and commercial contract conditions are fulfilled throughout the contract.
- Ensure that all work has been completed and that all deficiencies and administrative matters have been resolved. Monitor payments to Supplier.
- Complete contract closeout report for Contractor's performance. Resolve minor contract disputes.
Manages the day to day contractual priorities that are expected by Contractors
Recommends actions to be taken to ensure project stays on schedule in accordance with Project plans and demands.
Must have excellent communication skills and relationship-development skills, along with basic negotiator skills; oral and written. The incumbent must be able to read and have a good working understanding of both conventional text and legal terminology and documentation. The Contracts Administrator must also be able to understand basic technical issues and documents. Very strong organizational and time management skills are required, along with the ability to coordinate communications for multiple and/or mid-sized contracts. The Contracts Administrator will have a high level of interaction with suppliers, including professionals in varying fields, as well as interaction with various levels of Project staff, Operations staff, Construction Management staff, Procurement staff and Engineering.