Position: Electrical & Instrumentation Construction Field Superintendent
Location: Northern Saskatchewan Mine Site. (Fly in/Fly out)
Days/Hours: Option A: 2 weeks in/ 2 weeks out, 11 hours per day or Option B: 2 weeks in/ 6 weeks out, 11 hours per day (Please select one)
Duration: 1 year to December 2022
Start Date: November 2021
Resumes do by COB October 14th.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure contractors within their area are working in a safe manner abiding by all safety program requirements
- Review and/or develop detailed work plans according to Cameco's workface planning processes
- May perform supervision of direct field labour ensuring the work is completed safely and to a high quality standard
- May oversee the contractor's activities confirming the work is completed safely and according to all contract requirements
- Inspections of completed work to confirm it is completed to appropriate standards, identifying deficiencies and managing the completion of deficiencies
- Monitor the schedule and productivity of work and work collaboratively with the contractor and operations personnel to resolve issues and barriers
- Daily validation and approval of contractor submitted labour, equipment and material reports
- Responsible to coordinate field activities between contractors and the Cameco operations team as required
Skills & Experience Required:
- Dual ticketed journeyperson electrician and instrumentation technician preferred. Single ticketed journeyperson electrician will also be considered.
- Previous experience in a brown field construction environment is required
- Previous experience in commissioning and start-up activities preferred but not required.
- Previous experience in a nuclear facility preferred
- Supervisor training/certification required
- Proficient computer skills required