Vacancies: 3 (1 Mechanical, 1 Electrical, 1 I&C)
Location: Tiverton (Bruce Power), no remote possibilities
Hourly Rate: $40 - 60/hour
Roles & Responsibilities
The Project Engineer is responsible to provide technical support and oversight during planning, development, execution and commissioning of plant modifications. The project engineer must be knowledgeable of the technical and quality requirements and the regulatory codes and standards applicable to the discipline used in the preparation and review of work procedures. There is expectation on support project development phase by reviews during 50% and 90% design package submissions from constructability and execution standpoint. Have a strong ability to work with different work groups. It is expected the project engineer have a strong understanding of Nuclear power plant operations, including a working knowledge of the operations and maintenance components of the plant.
- Manages projects for safety, quality, productivity, asset reliability, process improvement, cost reduction and other business objective improvement.
- Projects from initial concept and scope development through design, procurement, construction/installation and start-up.
- Provides instruction in operation, set-up, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and ensure work quality and adherence to established policies and procedures.
- Utilize your background in Electrical Hardware, Automation Systems, and Process Control Systems.
- Support the planning, prioritizing, and reviewing the technical plans for engineering/maintenance of the production and facility equipment including the preparation of project plans, schedules, budgets and proposals.
- Establish schedules and methods for providing services; identifying resource needs; reviewing needs, allocating resources accordingly, and effectively communicating action plans/repairs.
- Participate in the development of control policies and procedures and making recommendations for changes and improvements to existing standards and procedures.
- Analyze and interpret all project related documents (electrical, mechanical, architectural, etc.) to accurately quantify all controls and instrumentation scope items provided in bid package.
- Produce accurate control system and control panel design submittals and schedules.
- Accurately quantify all material and labor requirements associated with the project.
- Evaluate and review of all estimates with the Senior Engineering Manager for accuracy, value analysis and appropriate profit margin.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize projects in accordance with deadline requirements.
- Work in conjunction with Customer, Senior Engineer, Consulting Engineers, Pre-Construction and Contract Managers to prepare an accurate design proposal or schedule.
- Completion of a 4-year University degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical/Mechatronics)
- Two (2) to Five (5) years of Project Engineering experience