Position: Intermediate Safety Specialist
Location: Key Lake, Saskatchewan (fly in/fly out camp)
Days/Hours: 2 weeks in/2 out weeks 11 hours per day
Duration: 3 months to December 31, 2021 with possibility for extensions
Start Date: October 1, 2021
Resumes due by End of Day September 20th.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures construction activities comply with safety health environment and quality (SHEQ) requirements and monitors daily activities to identify hazardous conditions and implementation of safe work procedures to ensure safety and environmental requirements are met
- Ensures all safety, health and environmental procedures and work instructions are followed, including radiation protection
- Conducts and monitors SHEQ related training for construction management team personnel and contractors
- Reviews field level risk assessments and TASC safety cards for quality adherence
- Assess qualifications of construction contractor personnel
- Participates in constructability reviews upon request
- Ensures timely notification occurs of significant events in accordance with procedures
- Conducts daily and weekly job site inspections as per procedures
- Identifies and reviews various health and safety concerns specific to the work site
- Investigates injuries, accidents and near misses as per site corrective action processes.
- Assists in Job Hazard Analyses and monitor their quality and implementation
- Conducts orientation for construction management team staff and construction contractor personnel.
- Monitors quality of construction contractor incident investigations and ensures effective and appropriate corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner
- Attends key meetings concerning SHEQ areas of responsibilities including contractor kick-off meetings
Skills & Experience Required:
- 4-9 years of related experience
- Must have CSO Designation or equivalent