ITP Writers, Electrical
Location: Tiverton, Ontario
The core job function of the Quality Technician/ITP Writer - E&C is to provide a Quality function by ensuring that maintenance work and Project work are completed in accordance with the design specifications, drawings and procedures and to the requirements of applicable Quality Assurance program. The Quality Technician/ITP Writer - E&C, will carry out assigned duties which include, but are not limited to, Quality planning initiatives, schedule adherence and quality execution, participation in E&C related inspections as directed by line management. This includes field support required to successfully complete the scope of the work.
Quality Technician/ITP Writer
- Establish contact and working relationship with engineering, maintenance, operations and work management staff. Establish contact with personnel of other departments, supply/service agencies and local representatives of applicable jurisdictional authorities as required to facilitate the performance of inspection and related activities.
- Assist Supervisor in the preparation of detailed work plans identifying manpower and equipment requirements for performance of specific quality programs.
- Participate in training programs as required to achieve full capability within the various corporate safety and business processes necessary to function in the workgroup and its working environment.
- Coordinate work activities with other groups.
- Task and Work Order Assessing within the discipline of the job document
- Reviewing project schedule to ensure that activities are scheduled properly.
- Anticipate and identify problem areas, informing Supervisor as appropriate.
Quality Control (general):
- Develop the Inspection and Test plan (ITP) as directed by Line Management, Engineering and/or Project Team.
- Review Engineering Change (EC) package and Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs). Provide feedback to Engineering, Project Teams and PB Specialist as required.
- Review and provide input to technical procedures required to perform the Quality Control (QC) tests.
- Perform field walkdowns regularly to perform Quality Control Inspections and to review/witness field installations activities to validate implementation is carried out as dictated by the Inspection & Test Plan.
Quality Surveillance (general):
- Review Engineering Change (EC) package and vendor Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs) to provide feedback to FLM, Engineering and Project Team as required.
- Monitor to ensure there is proper oversight of the protection and maintenance of installed equipment during construction.
Quality Function Support (interface with Design & Component Engineering):
- Review and become familiar with applicable drawings, specifications, procedures and codes associate with the assigned work scope.
- Review and participate in walk-downs of area affected by Engineering Change (EC) for standard industry practices and installation from Quality function perspective.
- Participate in project team meetings during all phases of the project lifecycle with emphasis on quality function.
Duties specific to Quality Tech - Electrical and Control Discipline
- Obtain & maintain core qualifications in Bruce Power Pressure Boundary Inspection Program.
- Maintain a working knowledge of station systems, work practices, procedures, applicable codes, and regulations, and be aware of developments in the field of electrical and control through attendance at appropriate courses and lectures or through technical literature
Education & Experience
- Requires knowledge normally acquired either through the completion of Grade XII in a Secondary, Commercial or Technical School plus a two-year course of concentrated study in appropriate subjects obtained in an accredited College of Applied Arts and Technology, Polytechnic Institute or Community College for Electrical Engineering Technician, Controls or Computer Engineering Technician or Manufacturing Technician or by having the equivalent level of education
- Requires knowledge of material science, physics, chemistry, and industrial methodology related to the field of electrical and control in order to perform examinations and the required technical analysis
- Requires knowledge of technical writing skills in order to prepare clear, concise reports and knowledge of the English language in order to communicate effectively at all levels with personnel.
- A period of over 5 year up to and including 6 years of related field experience is needed to gain the required qualifications.
- Requires familiarity with large-scale nuclear generating station layouts, station systems and equipment, and plant operating processes