Role: Marketing Project Manager
Work Location: Dunsmuir - 2 days per week in office
Contract duration: 12 months
The Marketing Program Manager will run BC Hydro programs for commercial customers. The ideal candidate for this position will come from a marketing background (not advertising) and have experience managing marketing programs, developing programs and processes, and bringing a marketing campaign to life for a large organization. Candidates with marketing degrees and experience in organizations like TELUS, FortisBC, etc. are generally successful in this role.
Additional Experience and Role Accountabilities
• Manage each project from planning through implementation to final evaluation.
• Develop and manage schedules and activity lists for execution.
• Develop and execute highly targeted recruitment strategies and supporting communications materials to meet participant targets in collaboration with marketing and brand strategy.
• Develop and implement reporting mechanisms and key performance indicators.
• Execute the strategy and supporting tactics; monitor and report results regularly.
• Liaison with various internal stakeholders and staff to provide guidance, address inquiries, project process, and coordinate activities.
• Develop and implement a range of processes, policies and procedures under which each project will operate.
• Work with a variety of external vendors and partners to ensure each project stays on track and meets objectives.
• Work with customers to address any issues or concerns that arise with the project.
• Manage and execute any procurement needs of the project.
• Develop and execute contingency plans as necessary to meet goals.
Undertake various supporting tasks to complete the project including procurement, Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs), data requests (CDRs), data analysis, and troubleshooting.
• Provide project management and oversight for all assigned projects
• Coordinate resources to conduct evaluation of projects.
Additional Education and Skills:
• Excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated experience developing and executing marketing and communication plans
• Ability to learn about new technologies and apply them to business objectives
• Well developed business acumen and understanding of the energy industry
• Experience with new product development, an asset
• Knowledge of BC Hydro internal processes such as Privacy Impact Assessments (PIA), procurement (and use of Passport), customer data requests, CEM operations, an asset
• Excellent customer service and ability to develop customer-focused solutions
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills Work Assignment Requirements Candidates should have experience managing programs or offers to commercial (business) customers that are typically associated with larger companies, utilities, or gov't organizations. Candidates will ideally have a degree/background in marketing and/or commerce.