This is a part-time, occasional, contract role (~ 6 months). We are seeking for an individual to provide direction on an internal project including software planning and review. Candidate should have strong Computer Vision/OCR experience. Number of hours will vary each week with 130 hours total over the 6 month period.
- Develop advanced machine learning models for automation tools using Computer Vision, Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning and Reinforcement Learning
- Generate training data from operational data from various formats (text, images, databases, spreadsheets)
- Develop complete pipelines to clean and process data.
- Prepare software in accordance with software requirements.
- Verify and review software for quality assurance.
- Perform software testing (unit testing, regression testing, integration testing).
- Develop software documentation for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Develop proof of concepts and prototypes.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, manage and optimizing performance of the models and workflows while acting as a subject matter export.
- Identify, research and evaluate new machine learning methodologies.
- Other duties as required.
- Completion of a four-year university degree (Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering) or equivalent
- A minimum of 5-7 years of relevant work experience is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience using python.
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience using scikit-learn, OpenCV, tensor flow, keras, pytorch, pytesseract
- Demonstrated technical writing experience with a strong focus on quality and schedule
- Ability to be granted nuclear site security clearance
- Highly innovative and creative in seeking technical solutions
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Working knowledge and application of quality standards is an asset.
- Experience within the nuclear industry is an asset.
- Advanced degree with ML research experience is an asset.