Position: Product Support Analyst X2
Location: Concord, ON
Summary The Product Support Analyst is responsible as part of the regional support team to handle, investigate and resolve customer enquiries and technical issues in a timely and professional manner through a structured and agreed methodology and in accordance with contractual service level agreements. Establishing and maintaining an effective and proactive approach to Service Management with the customer.
- Initial review/clarification of the details of each issue when it is reported.
- Soliciting further information from the customer, where necessary, to refine Trilliant's understanding of the issue.
- Undertaking technical analysis of each issue.
- Using specialist product knowledge to provide advice on further diagnostic procedures that the customer should undertake.
- Communicating with the customer in a clear, courteous, and professional manner.
- Recording all customer communication for each issue in the issue log.
- Advising the customer on immediate remedial actions that can be undertaken to re-establish "business as usual" service.
- When escalating issues, ensuring that all supporting evidence has been received and is available to the escalation engineer.
- Keeping track of open issues; both escalated and waiting on customer.
- Responding to issues within SLA targets.
- Alerting the Manager if an issue is likely to breach SLA targets.
- Assisting the Manager in gathering metrics for management and customer reporting.
- Maintaining product knowledge and keep abreast of the content of forthcoming patches and releases.
- Ensuring that Trilliant are a valued and proactive business partner to our customers
- Collaborating with the Trilliant team and customer for ideas and process changes to improve the overall customer experience
Education & Certification
- University Degree in Computer Science, Computer Programming, Computer and Information Technology, Software Engineering, Electrical engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of work experience as a Systems Analyst, Support Analyst, Product Support Analyst, Customer Support Engineer or similar.
- University degree in specified discipline.
- Prior experience supporting applications on Linux (should be familiar with basic Linux commands, shell scripting, services, and utilities), OS installation is a plus.
- Strong understanding of Oracle and MySQL relational database architecture.
- Strong web application experience including installation, configuration and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong knowledge of Apache web server, Tomcat, SQL, Perl, shell scripting, and Java in a Linux OS environment.
- Proficient in Structured Query Language (SQL), PL/SQL Block in Oracle/MySQL.
- Understanding fundamentals of network architecture and TCP/IP communication.
- Knowledgeable in software development lifecycle, software QA processes, IT change management and issue and problem management.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across the organization with customers, solution partners and outside consultants.
- Proven strong analytic and problem-solving skills including use of tools, techniques, and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required (Sample requested).
- Strong experience in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel (data analysis), Word, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Utilities industry experience and understanding of Smart Grid / AMI / IIOT nice to have.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently towards long term goals, undertaking personal initiatives to learn and advance one's own understanding of Trilliant's hardware and software products
- Demonstrate a commitment to continuous learning regarding the installation, configuration and operation of the hardware and software components that make up an AMI network.
- Have the discipline to capture and record lessons learned from troubleshooting and support experiences for knowledge transfer to other staff and the development of knowledgebase material and documentation
- Ability to demonstrate an appropriate sense of urgency when responding to issues according to defined service level agreements.
- Ability to multi-task on various projects with tight deadlines and to establish mutual agreed upon priorities