Location: Working remotely with on-site service in Chalk River, ON as required
Contract Position: Project Manager, IT
Duration: 1 year
The Project Manager is to manage the planning and delivery of multiple IT projects ranging in different sizes and nature.
IT Projects requires the services of a Project Manager with a minimum of 5 years' experience in the planning, management and delivery of IT solutions. A certified PMP would be highly desirable.
- Planning the project.
- Defining project scope and objectives, developing detailed work plans, schedules, estimates, resource plans and status reports.
- Assembling project teams, assigning responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed and developing schedules to ensure the timely and cost efficient completion of projects.
- Providing technical and analytical guidance to the project team members to adhere quality and standards.
- Establishing and controlling the project scope and managing the risks
- Establishing and administering project budgets, schedules and approving changes to scope of work within project management thresholds.
- Reporting on project performance to clients, management and other stakeholders.
- Securing resources through resource/functional managers to execute the project.
- Motivating team members to meet quality scope and constraints.
- Leading discovery engagements on new and existing products, evaluates usefulness, and makes recommendations with regard to their fit within the existing architecture.
- Leading quality assurance activities, including preparation of test plans/cases, executing unit, system and integration testing, documenting defects in collaboration with the project.
- Leading preparation of required documentation (requirements, user guide, process manual, presentation, etc.) according to established methodologies and standards.
- Developing the change management and communications plan.
- Leading the change management and communications efforts.
- Informing stakeholders of project progress through communications, meetings, reports, emails, etc.
- Coordinating and leading training efforts that may be required for support staff or end users.