Back to jobs
Position: Project Scheduler/Planner
Location: Kincardine, ON
Duration: 12 months
Rate: $65.00/HR Inc'd + 11.25/HR Travel Subsidy if applicable.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the project team by coordinating and organizing Assigned Project activities, resources and information.
- Provide project management support by developing detailed plans for Assigned Project execution for each phase of the
- Assigned Project, including total completion of the Assigned Project
- Provide input for updating the Assigned Project work schedule(s), based on progress while working within an integrated team environment.
- Monitor and deliver reporting on performance, track completion of work as scheduled, track status of actions for the project team, liaise between different areas of the Assigned Project, including internal and external stakeholders, and providing recommendations on recovery of the performance of the Assigned Project.
- Identify when actual performance does not meet planned performance in accordance with the Assigned Project work schedule and provide recommendations for corrective actions to the project team to improve performance.
- Support the Project Manager in scoping, planning and implementing Assigned Projects within the work program.
- Support the Project Manager in the development of detailed execution plans while maintaining the element of safety within a nuclear facility.
- Prepare other reports to provide information and data to internal and external stakeholders as required, with input from Project Controls
- Review Assigned Projects P6 (read access) work schedules to interface with the Project Controls Scheduler.
Skills & Experience:
- Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering or Project/Construction Management.
- Proficient in Primavera P6 and MS Office (excel, word, etc).
- Strong experience in and knowledge of the heavy industrial and construction projects
- Knowledge of engineering procedures and practices, organization and quality processes.
- Good understanding of compliance program requirements.
- Knowledge of project management principles (scope, schedule, time, quality, risk)
- Effective communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment