Regional Technical Manager/Senior Consultant
Location: Fully Remote
Duration: Full-time Permanent
- The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 10 years' experience in the Canadian nuclear industry.
- Solid experience in Canadian nuclear industry, within nuclear utilities, engineering or consulting companies or nuclear laboratories.
- The candidate must be well connected to the OPG, Bruce Power and/or other nuclear facilities and have successful experience selling and performing engineering services.
- Having technical knowledge of our business, fire protection, PRA and/or fire safe shutdown analysis, is a plus.
- Bachelor of science degree in an engineering field and a P. Eng. in Canada is preferred.
- The individual will report directly to the company President/CEO.
Candidate will perform a key role in business development activities in Canada as well as being a technical contributor and liaison between US offices and Canadian clients on engineering projects. Responsibilities will include:
- Participate in setting short-term operational plan and long-term corporate strategy for the Canadian market.
- Grow client network and support definition and achievement of revenue and profit goals. Update plans and projections on a regular basis.
- Actively participate in business development activities by identifying new products, prepare and approve proposals and contract changes, visit Canadian clients regularly to monitor client satisfaction and identify new business, etc.
- Establish requirements for and monitor the management of projects related to meeting QA requirements, schedules, budgets, contractual obligations and project plans.
- Negotiate contractual issues with clients.
- Represent client in industry forums.
- Support the development of a local Canadian technical team, identify potential candidates and support the recruitment of employees.
- Perform any other work-related responsibilities required to ensure the success of our goals to expand our market share in the Canadian market.