Location: Maryland, Edgewood
Job Type: Full-Time/Permanent
Job Function: Operations
Job Title: Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Job Description Responsible for manufacturing engineering activities, corrective and preventative actions related to manufacturing non-conformances / issues, documentation, cost reduction, interface with engineering, quality, product management and, service, and training of manufacturing personnel. Supports LEAN culture focusing on standardization, quality, improved performance and increased throughput.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Investigate and solve manufacturing issues as they occur; implement corrective and preventative actions.
- Champions LEAN culture and continuous improvement initiatives
- Create and maintain manufacturing job element sheets, test procedures, work instructions, and master process documents.
- Design manufacturing fixtures as required.
- Develop process and test protocols for automated equipment and manual processes.
- Fixture / equipment validation.
- Establish and maintain routings, control BOM changes, and maintain BOM configuration dates.
- Drive cost reduction projects to meet requirements of Value Engineering initiatives.
- Perform validation testing on new products and changes to existing products.
- Represent manufacturing engineering in all design review and stage gate review meetings.
- Primary liaison with engineering on new products and engineering issues
- Responsible for seeing that engineering changes are validated and implemented in manufacturing.
- Responsible for authoring key documentation required for stage gate new product process.
- Complies with and ensures department compliance with all Company, policies and procedures.
- Other duties as required.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity. The Individual
- BS Engineering or degree in a similar field of study.
- 10+ years related experience in a discreet manufacturing environment. Ideal experience includes extensive hands-on experience troubleshooting electro-mechanical systems to sub-assembly level and/or electronic instruments and systems to a component level on printed circuit board assemblies.
- Experience in technical writing or writing quality procedures or process procedures or assembly instructions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills including Excel, Microsoft Word and Outlook; CAD based systems; SAP or equivalent) is preferred.
- Ability to read and generate schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Familiarity with test equipment for troubleshooting and validation (Min. - oscilloscope and multimeter).
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, and successfully manage multiple projects, priorities, and responsibilities.
- The individual's primary workplace is located in the Edgewood production facility, there are no exposures to unusual elements.
- The individual is chartered to work closely with unionized production associates which necessitates being mindful of the rules of the Collective Bargaining Agreement - including respecting Union work.
- This position requires access to ITAR, EAR, and Department of State or Department of Commerce controlled information and routine access to a cleared facility. Applicant must be a U.S. Person (citizen, green card holder or other permanent resident or protected resident); U.S. Citizen preferred.