Contract Job Title: Intermediate OR Senior Mechanical Designer
Location: Barrie, ON
Hours: Flexible start and end to your day (typically our team starts between 8 am - 9 am, and leaves between 4:30 pm - 5 pm) - 37.5 hrs/week working Monday to Friday
As an Intermediate or Senior designer, you will be part of the backbone our Mechanical Engineering and Design Department. You will be responsible for mechanical design and developing detailed drawings for commercial, industrial, and/or residential building projects in Autodesk Revit all while working with an experienced team of designers, engineers and project managers. Our clients bring us a wide array of fun and challenging projects ranging from single family residences, multi-unit and multi-storey condominiums/apartments, warehouse and manufacturing facilities, office and commercial buildings. We design new construction projects, tenant fit-ups and small to complex renovations. Your contributions will ensure that we meet project design objectives, client requirements, and maintain the high level of client satisfaction that we're known for.
This is a terrific opportunity to exercise your problem-solving skills and analytical mindset, while gaining a deep understanding of building design, software and project management.
Every project you work on will present a dynamic challenge, with interesting problems to solve. As you address unique design constraints, you'll find yourself mentally engaged and constantly advancing your knowledge and skills.
Working on multiple projects at once, with numerous stakeholders, you'll also have a chance to exercise your time management skills, along with your communication and people skills. You'll bring a dedication to moving projects forward, while always keeping our clients' best interests in mind.
- Medical and dental benefits after 3 months
- RRSP and deferred profit-sharing plan contributions (3%) after 3 months
- Office amenities including coffee, snacks, and even an arcade system!
Required Education and Skills:
The successful applicant will hold a diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology from an accredited post-secondary institution
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- minimum 5 years of relevant work experience;
- recent and extensive mechanical design experience using Revit MEP and an ability to coordinate with the other drafting disciplines;
- electrical design experience is an asset, however not a requirement;
- excellent problem solving, critical thinking, design and drafting skills and be able to thrive in a team environment;
- exceptional knowledge of mechanical design as it relates to building construction;
- good knowledge of the Ontario Building Code;
- extensive design experience with HVAC, plumbing and fire suppression;
- ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients, coordinate with the other team members (both internal and external);
- proficient with Microsoft Office;
- excellent time-management skills and an ability to work under pressure; and
- self-motivated team player.