Location: Brampton, ON
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 6 months with a possibility of extension
Job Title: Bilingual Service Desk Agent
- Work is generally supervised and performed in accordance with established objectives and guidelines. Technical guidance is provided by the Team Lead, Senior Information Technology Analyst, or Manager.
- The Service Desk Agent takes some independent actions regarding assigned work. Decisions are typically made within established guidelines. You will act as liaison with field service (external and internal) personnel to identify and resolve system hardware and software problems, and escalate or make recommendations to IT management, as appropriate, regarding the completion of assigned projects.
- Provide support to ensure stable, reliable desktop systems to the user community across all offices.
- Should have functional knowledge of ITIL best practices, and stay abreast of new technologies.
- Use enterprise IT Service Management application to enter, manage, triage, and resolve Incidents and Service Requests
- Enter accurate information is captured for tickets submitted via telephone, voicemail, email, and messaging apps.
- Use customer service skills to clearly and effectively communicate with end users in English and/or French languages, using corporate telephony and messaging tools
- Perform analysis, troubleshooting and resolution of end user technology (desktops, laptops, software, mobile devices, peripherals, access) issues and escalate when required
- Perform basic analysis, troubleshooting and investigation into network, server, storage, and enterprise application issues and inquiries
- Maintain current knowledge and expertise in Windows 10, Active Directory, SCCM, Microsoft Office, network and security tools, and remote access, administration, and software deployment tools
- Create and maintain user solution and technician procedural documents
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
Candidates must also be fluent in both English and French languages, and must be flexible on work schedules, as the Service Desk provides extended support hours (7:00am-8:00pm Eastern).