Role: Software Developer
Location: Concord, ON
Duration: 07/26/2021 to 07/22/2022
Contract Hours: 8:00AM - 5:00PM M-F
Rate: $50/ - $65/
- Develops software.
- Reviews relevant requirements, standards and other documentation to clarify and understand software engineering requirements.
- Estimates own work and provides such estimates to Team Leader or Project Manager
- As part of development performs unit testing to ensure delivery quality
- Presents technical findings and developments.
- Adheres to the software development process through the execution of module, subsystem and system test procedures.
- Participates actively in both hardware and software component selection
The ideal candidate will have experience in many of the following areas:
- Experience developing software using C, C++ in a Linux / UNIX environment
- Experience in object orientated programming
- Experience with Linux shell scripting
- Understanding of multithreading, multiprocessing, IPC and memory management
- Experience with developing northbound configuration interfaces for embedded devices such as Netconf, SNMP, Web, etc.,
- Experience with socket programming and TCP/IP protocols including IP, UDP, TCP
- Experience using debugging tools such as gdb and valgrind
Additional "nice to have"
- Experience programming with Erlang
- Experience with Tail-f Confd
- Experience with real-time software implementation in Linux
- Experience developing software for network products
- Understanding of networking concepts such as Switching and Routing
- 7+ years of experience developing software in Linux environment for embedded applications
- Has an undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering, Mathematics or related disciplines