Back to jobs
Location: Tiverton/Bruce Power
Position: Sr. Project/Program Manager - Underground Piping
Duration: 12 Months
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Articulates a program's strategy and objectives and assesses how it will impact the business.
- Defines and oversee a list of dependent projects needed to reach the program's overall goals.
- Oversees assigned projects including safety, scope, quality, cost and schedule within project controls limits
- Negotiating with and integrating all functions that are required to deliver a Capital Project, including but not limited to, preparation of an investment plan, planning, on-line and outage planning and execution, design, engineering, construction, contracting, procurement, environment, safety and health management and logistics management
- Manage Project scope, in accordance with established standards.
- Manage cradle-to-grave (initiation to close-out) responsibilities for projects assigned (Program Management);
- Manage, track and report on the status of all milestones across the cradle-to-grave process;
- Manage project schedule adherence, prepare and deliver all project reporting (issued by Project Controls) in accordance with the reporting requirements. Manage project costs in accordance to established standards.
- Identify and implement remedial actions in correcting cost and schedule project deficiencies.
- Manage project risk, changes, procurement and documentation in in accordance with established standards.
- Manage project quality, including interfacing with field quality and technical services and constructability reviews as required.
- Manage engineering design services, Configuration Management; BP-PROG-10.01, Plant Design Basis Management; Equipment Reliability, Pressure Boundary Quality Assurance, Design Change Package, Modification Installation Quality Assurance
- Manage resource needs for project execution and field execution;
- Manage the Assigned Project's contract on an as-needed basis;
- Ensure the subject Assigned Project is executed in the field in accordance with applicable procedures.
- Manage project closeout.
Skills & Experience:
- University Degree In Civil/Structural discipline with PEng.
- 15 years+ of experience supporting and delivering multiple Heavy Industrial/Construction Projects, 5 years underground piping replacement experience.
- PMP Designation
- Power industry background preferred.
- Able to review and understand project schedules produced in Primavera P6.
- Knowledge of engineering procedures and practices, organization and quality processes.
- Good understanding of compliance program requirements.
- Knowledge of project management principles (scope, schedule, time, quality, risk)
- Ability to work effectively with personnel of varying disciplines.
- Critical Thinking Skills - Understands and performs as a seasoned business professional; negotiating, planning, executing.
- Problem Solving - Actively owns problems, develops and implements solutions. Is accountable.
- Client-ship Skills - Must be extremely responsive to Client requests. Ability to foster and maintain an excellent rapport with the Client.
- Professional Integrity and Business Ethics - All work must be conducted in accordance with the client's Code of Conduct for Contractors.