Position: Training Officer – Data/Data Structures/Data Systems
Location: Tiverton, ON
Duration: 12 months with potential renewal
• Administer the Training Information Management System. Monitor system health, interface with users, document bugs or proposed changes, recommend change priorities, plan changes, and manage development/implementation of new releases. Control access to the system. Manage credit uploads. Manage TIMS data change control and monitor the health of TIMS training program data.
• Support the TIMS Help Desk; process credits, exemptions, and respond to customer queries.
• Create and maintain reports and queries to ensure line and training management have the capability of obtaining the data they need.
• Develop system requirements documentation/specifications, review system design specifications, conduct testing, prepare and execute user training and implementation activities, and prepare/provide user documentation, as directed by the Team Leader.
• Collect, clean and analyze data to support the development of reports and metrics.
• Process Qualification and PEL Changes.
• Scope and develop plans and schedules for assigned projects to a level appropriate to the specific assignment.
• Monitor project progress and report to customer.
• Manage changes to project scope, section resources, and schedules on a day-to-day basis.
• Provide training technology advice and support to project team members consistent with approved processes and work practices.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Section assignments in the area of Learning Management Systems.
• Build strong relationships with stakeholders, peers and subject matter experts.
• Create, maintain and revise procedures, handbooks, job aids and other documentation related to Section assignment.
• Receive assignments from supervisor as well as identify potential problems and opportunities in assigned areas and/or systems.
• Assess, evaluate and recommend initial disposition of problems.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Experience with data/data structures/data systems, including:
Education and Experience:
• Knowledge for this position requires completion of an accredited university degree or college diploma in a related discipline plus 6 years of relevant work experience.
• Extensive experience with data/data structures and data systems.