Back to jobs
Position: Wind Turbine Technicians x 10.
Location: Fort Macleod, Alberta
Contract Duration: 3 months
Per Diem: $130.00/Day
Pay Rate: $25 - $30.00/T4
- Perform wind turbine construction and/or installation tasks as assigned. This includes introductory operation and use of tools and basic turbine equipment.
- Adhere to all safety standards and procedures, including identifying risks and gaps in safety execution in the operational environment.
- Adapt and work with the various crews - Grout crew, Quality Control, Pre-Assembly, Electrical, Mechanical, Top out, Tensioning.
- Gather and give updates on the status of the wind turbine tower.
- Follow instructions and adhere to erecting schedules, and execution plans.
- Assist team members in accomplishing mutual goals, support and promote a positive work environment and culture.
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities on job related processes and procedures
- Demonstrate a strong customer focus at all times.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- 3-5 years' experience working with hydraulic, electrical, mechanical and/or composite skills OR in absence of experience, a certificate of completion from an accepted Wind Technician program of equivalent scope.
- Must be able to effectively communicate; including oral and written correspondence.
- Ability to demonstrate basic industrial safety practices/protocols.
- Experience using basic power and hydraulic tools.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to follow directions with precise execution.
- Enhanced Interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
- Ability to work with basic computer programs, as well as various applications (i.e., safety management system).
- Ability to read, interpret and understand basic drawings and schematics.
- Completion of the Basic Safety Training Standard through the Global Wind Organization (GWO) or equivalent.
- Completion of Advanced Rescue Training.
- Completion of Enhanced First Aid Training.
- Completion of a Wind Turbine Technician Certification.
- Completion of a Confined Space Entry/Monitor Certificate.
- Comfort working remotely in a wind turbine as part of a team with limited supervisory interaction.