Location: North York, Ontario - Onsite with a flexibility to work from home
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 5 months (Potential end date: October 28th, 2022 with the possibility of extension or conversion to permanent)
Job Title: Hardware Designer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and development of electronic solutions and circuits in collaboration with HW Architects
- Test, debug and verification
- Documentation according to internal and normative standards
- Technical assistance to adjacent specialties: Software, Systems, Safety and Program Management
- HW-HW integration; support for HW-SW and HW-System integration
- Laboratory work related to manual soldering, building prototypes and testing.
- Laboratory Management involving watching over Equipment, Tools and Consumables,
- Technical school degree in electrical engineering, technical computer science, information technology or comparable
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Design electronic circuits; microprocessors, memory, discrete logic, analog circuits, mixed signal, power distribution
- Understanding of PCB design in conjunction with EMI/EMC and signal integrity.
- Electronic design tools: Allegro HDL with CIS, PSPICE
- Knowledge of Engineering Process and Lifecycle
- Expertise in Electronics for Design (analog, digital, power) Simulation and Verification.
- Developed writing skills to prepare effective reports, documents, etc. in a clear and concise format
- Developed writing verbal skills to interact effectively and professionally in a variety of forums.
- Layout Design abilities using any popular tools such as OrCAD, PADs, Allegro.
- Bachelor degree
- In the office with a flexibility to work from home; most of the time in the office but when not needed, working from home will be allowed