Back to jobs
20-024- Project Engineer
Number of Vacancies: 6
Level: MP2, MP3, MP4
Duration: 12 months
The scope of work entails providing project management support to assigned projects.
- Manage Engineer Procure Construct (EPC) projects from inception through closeout.
- Manage cost and schedule, and administer EPC contracts.
- Review invoices and track purchase orders as per approved budget.
- Provide Project oversight to EPC vendors to ensure projects meet requirements with respect to budget, schedule, safety, and quality.
- Perform any required liaising activities between OPG and vendor stakeholders.
- Manage risks and mitigation plans, maintain a risk register for assigned projects.
- Develop business case summaries to request funds for assigned projects.
- Develop monthly forecasts for the project life cycle.
- Interface with the station and integrate work into Online/Outage schedule.
- Write installation and commissioning work plans to support field execution.
- Experience in the project management of station modifications in Nuclear Facilities, with an emphasis on activities related to installation, commissioning, risk management and cost & schedule management.
- Four-year university education in Engineering or by having the equivalent level of education/experience, or demonstrated experience in writing installation and commissioning work plans.
- Experience at Darlington site is considered an asset.
- Project management experience and a demonstrated ability to provide project oversight.
- Experience within the Nuclear Industry, preferably Nuclear Power Plant (OPG experience is an asset).
- Experience in project engineering, MTL/FTL experience in installation and commissioning of modifications.
- Ability to prepare coordinate estimates, schedules, execution plans, contracting strategies, business planning, forecasting.
- Demonstrated Knowledge of ECC process (change control process not necessarily OPG's processes).
- A combination of Work planning, MTL/FTL experience, project management, and risk management skills.