20-056 - Project Engineer
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 12 months
The Project Engineer will be a part of the Darlington Nuclear Refurbishment Project; the refurbishment is Canada's largest clean energy project. As a part of the Turbine Generator Refurbishment (TGR) project team, supporting the team with the planning and execution of the Generator Rewind. The Project Engineer will be considered a technical specialist in this role and able to provide technical oversight and decision-making for the project. This will include integration with vendor partners and the TGR team, as well as integration internally at OPG.
- The Project Engineer will report to the Project Manager for Generator Rewind and/or other projects, and will be accountable for assigned scope area(s). This includes technical oversight, driving actions/tasks to completion, chairing meetings, integrating with vendors, assisting the PM with contract management, review and acceptance of technical and project documentation, logistics and material planning, and other duties as required to ensure the project is running smoothly and successfully.
- The project engineer will oversee implementation of project direction, for their scope area (generator rewind and/or others) or other turbine generator areas as required. This is a dynamic, first-of-a-kind project with lots of opportunity to participate in an exciting project!
- Demonstrated experience with proven results working in a Nuclear industry, with technical oversight, required.
- Education/Discipline: Mechanical, Electrical, or Nuclear Engineer preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of nuclear experience, generator specialist preferred, or equivalent education/experience.
- Generator specialist and/or previous experience with refurbishment/manufacturing of generators.
- Experience with OPG Modification / Engineering change control process, CSN N-standards, nuclear requirements.
- Experience with major projects/refurbishments, including vendor management.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng) in the Province of Ontario.