21-002 - Project/Design Engineer
Number of Vacancies: 3
Duration: 2 years
Project Background - All staff supporting this requisition will be involved in different Technology Development Projects. These projects will support the Inspection and Reactor Innovation (IRI) Division (formerly IMS). These are large multi-discipline projects with multiple stakeholders and system interfaces. The projects require dedicated, enthusiastic and hard-working staff who thrive in a challenging, interesting and fast-paced work environment.
- Seeking experienced individuals with both project and technical experience at OPG. The selected project engineers will be assigned to either current or future projects being taken by IRI. Review Design and project deliverables.
- Perform oversight on the vendor's design and fabrication activities.
- Support advancement of project schedule and deliverables while controlling project costs as per the business case.
- Produce documentation, reports, plans, procedures, etc. as required to advance project objectives.
- Work individually or as part of a team to advance project objectives.
- Seek support or assistance from Project Manager or other team members, as required.
- Participate in unit, system and integration testing necessary to commission deliverable(s).
- Prepare or revise appropriate documentation, i.e. procedures, test plans, reports.
- Interface with project stakeholders, suppliers, customers, as well as other OPG functional areas, i.e. supply chain, controlled documents/records.
- Conduct work safely in accordance with all OPG procedures and policies.
- Follow and support applicable governance, i.e.: Project Management, Engineering Change Control.
- Support Project Schedule and Budget.
- Make recommendations to advance the project schedule.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting, providing technical support and/or advice as required.
- Experience working on projects at OPG Nuclear.
- Working as a project team member with experience in large, complex and multifaceted technical projects.
- Working as an individual and in teams and partnering with stakeholders.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience executing technical projects - either design support or project management support.
- Professional Engineer or similar education.
- Motivated self starter.
- OPG specific project experience as an MTL or project coordinator.
- Familiarity with nuclear Engineering Change Control Process.
- Experience with Automation.
- Experience with Reactor Inspection Tooling.
- Experience with Fuel Handling.
- Experience working at PNGS and DNGS sites. Familiarity with the station and station stakeholders.