Back to jobs
21-052 - Vendor Quality & Performance Officer
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 24 months
- Develop, implement, and maintain processes to gather/ monitor supplier quality performance data. These include: development of procedures, instructions, guidelines, forms and any other documentations required for the program's definition and implementation.
- Perform supplier assessments and identify opportunities for performance improvements. Ensure any resulting non-conformances are followed up and satisfactorily conclude, and in a timely manner. Prepare assessment reports to document the results.
- Lead and coordinate vendor submittals to maintain quality and schedule.
- Lead, coordinate and manage OPG stakeholder reviews, comments, approval of vendor, and OPG's project submittals, including: Construction Work Packages (CWP's), Work Plans and others, including those associated with Construction Completion Declarations, Available for Service, Operations Turnover and Return to Service.
- Lead and manage department's Project Close Out activities, including: Purchase Orders, Work Orders, History Dockets, Project Closeouts Reports, Substantial Completion and Action Request.
- Maintain regular and effective communications with site management technical, engineering and maintenance resources on supplier quality issues, including: investigating and resolving site supplier quality problems.
- Monitor vendor's material purchase orders and delivery status. Liaison with vendors in developing recovery plans as required for any material at risk.
- Review design engineering documentation to verify compliance with QA requirements for nuclear and non-nuclear projects.
- Co-ordinating, facilitating, and driving project scoping, planning, execution, and close out.
- Arrange and lead meetings to coordinate the requirements of designers, suppliers, construction and OPG's internal stakeholder groups.
- Review construction's contractor labour estimates, schedules, execution plans, inspection, test plans and project oversight plans. Gather input from stakeholder departments and agencies to ensure project requirements are captured and detailed in the project documents.
- Maintain close liaison with construction's contractors on matters involving conventional and nuclear safety during all stages of the project; engineering documents and construction work plans, purchasing, handling and storage of materials and tools; work protection and work permits; detailed execution planning and readiness preparations; daily progress reporting and schedule performance; completion of turnover documentation, quality records, and other related issues.
- Perform regular field walk downs, in standard and radiological work areas to ensure contractors are compliant with OPG and OHSA safety and quality standards.
- Provide management and project managers with regular project reports, such as: level one summaries, and participate in regular process progress meetings.
- Maintain process compliance during project execution and advice supervisor if compliance can not be achieved.
- May be required to gather and collate data for use in department's budget preparation and to monitor variances to annual budget and submit to Supervisors for reporting purposes.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant working experience within project management;
- Experience in Nuclear project environment is an asset;
- Experience and ability as a team player to understand and manage the interrelationships of various internal and external groups in order to facilitate objectives, and to ensure that the projects satisfy stakeholder's requirements;
- Self starter with the ability to work independently and interface with other departments in maintaining commitments;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable leading meetings and giving presentations;
- Have experience and willingness to interface with vendors and internal stakeholders;
- Have a strong interest in a fast-paced, challenging work environments, where showing initiative and self motivation are assets;
- Proven track record on delivering result;
- Strong in understanding, executing, and following governance and procedures with an inquisitive and analytical attitude/ approach, under minimum required supervision;
- Knowledge of OPG's internal engineering and project processes is an asset.