Back to jobs
21-065 - Project Coordinator
Number of Vacancies: 1
Hourly Rate: $35-55/hour
Duration: 2 years
- Support Project Manager in coordinating, facilitating and driving project scoping, planning, execution, and close out.
- Assist with the clarification of design and specification requirements, and arrange for necessary changes.
- Support Project Manager or other team members with engineering design changes using OPGs engineering change control process.
- Assist with the preparation of specifications, bid packages, evaluation of tenders, and purchasing recommendations.
- Assist with the preparation of decision documents to evaluate and assess options to achieving the best results for the project considering costs and schedule.
- Assist with the preparation and coordinate the preparation of all information pertinent to an assigned project and alternatives to be considered for input into planning.
- Provide oversight of construction contractors integrated, logically tied, resource loaded project schedules which incorporate identified scope, risks, estimates/budgets and constraints that support effective project management and field execution.
- Maintain close liaison with construction contractor on matters involving conventional and nuclear safety during all stages of the project; engineering documents and construction work plans; purchasing, handling and storage of materials and tools; work protection and work permits; detailed execution planning and readiness preparations; daily progress reporting and schedule performance; completion of turnover documentation and quality records and other related issues.
- Initiate, manage, and administer contracts including payments and change orders
- Support Project Manager with regular project reports such as level one summaries, and participate in regular process progress meetings.
- Maintain awareness and keep all project parties informed of latest construction, budgeting, estimating and scheduling practices and other corporate procedures.
- Review and maintain awareness of all corporate and local procedures pertinent to project control and administration.
- Maintain process compliance during project execution and advise supervisor if compliance cannot be achieved.
- Minimum 2-3 years of relevant work experience within Project Engineering;
- Open to new graduates with Internship/Coop nuclear experience
- Working in Nuclear Projects and Engineering environment is an asset. Position will require individual to be a Nuclear Energy Worker;
- Experience and ability as a team player to understand and manage the interrelationships of various internal and external groups in order to facilitate objectives and ensure projects satisfy stakeholder requirements;
- Understanding of OPG’s ECC Process (Engineering Change Control);
- Knowledge and experience interfacing with station, scheduling and work control.
- Willingness to develop verbal communication skills and be comfortable leading meetings and giving presentations;
- Experience and/or willingness to interface with vendors;
- Have a strong interest in fast-paced, challenging work environments where showing initiative and self-motivation are assets;
- Basic understanding in executing and following governance and procedures with a questioning and analytical attitude/approach;
- Working towards obtaining Mortification Team Leader (MTL) Qualification (QUAL 42293)